Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5084

Member since: 7/15/06
Posted on:12/26/07 2:20 AM
Last Updated:12/26/07 2:22 AM

MelissaB in WA said... (12/27/07 0:10 AM) Reply
Oh what pretty fabric! I don't think it's as bad as you say it is. To me, it looks like if you just too the sides in a little below the waist, you'd like the fit better. Or maybe belt it over the top and see what you think. Hope you find it wearable and end up enjoying it. :-)
Dei said... (12/26/07 10:54 PM) Reply
Sewlil, don't give up. I am making a second round of this same pattern based on your first reveiw. I loved how it looked on you and decided to give it a try. The first attempt (muslim) didn't fit me either, but I referenced a few books, made pattern alterations and now I love it. I'll post my review later. The top looks great. You can tweak the fit to suit your taste because it's such a straightforward pattern. You did a nice job on the neckline and that was a good decision to eliminate the facing.
marjenann said... (12/26/07 6:32 PM) Reply
I really like this top on you!!! Just a little tweak on the length of the sleeves and hem and you are there!!! The fabric reminds me of a Missoni print!! Lovely!
Grammy Gin said... (12/26/07 11:59 AM) Reply
I think you look great in your new top! Like Mary said, you are on your way to a TNT top. ;-)
Mary Stiefer said... (12/26/07 11:00 AM) Reply
Wow - I dont' feel this is as bad as you think it is. Love the style - I just think if you changed and shortened the sleeve and shortened the hemline it might just be fine. Don't get discouraged. You are on your way to a TNT pattern. Sometimes fabric selection is what makes the difference.

by: CJgal