Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 11-2007-126 (Simple Hooded Jacket)

Reviewed by:cindy-lou

About cindy-loustarstarstar
NC USA
Member since: 7/21/06
Posted on:12/28/07 12:27 PM
Last Updated:2/19/08 9:48 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 10 people

Birgitte said... (12/23/08 1:24 AM) Reply
I can see how this has become your go-to jacket- it's just fab and so hip. And you look stunning. Thanks for this great review.
ryan's mom said... (2/22/08 7:46 AM) Reply
Fantastic! And an inspirational review to get going on my Burda coat and pant :) .
EveS said... (2/21/08 11:10 PM) Reply
Somehow I missed this review the first time around...I must've been busy hacking up a faux furball. :) What a great coat, and a muslin at that!! It looks so comfy and I love that button!! Thanks for the Burda-coaxing, too. :)
Karen6790 said... (2/20/08 11:32 PM) Reply
I can see why you liked it before, but that closure really adds the right touch. Beautiful.
Markie1 said... (2/20/08 6:46 PM) Reply
OK Cindy-Lou, you've done it again. You've made me "see" a pattern I passed over and covet it. We may well be the queens of the wearable muslins! I love this and will be making it as soon as I make the tunic you reviewed first!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/20/08 0:47 AM) Reply
Yes, the new button pulls this look into the forefront. Good choice. I love the jacket and am glad that you're BWOF acclimated. Look forward to many more traced treasures in the future. Excellent review, too. -Lily
lmg said... (2/19/08 10:13 PM) Reply
Great work on your first BWOF project! I too thought it would hang like a sack but yours has style!
MelissaB in WA said... (1/23/08 0:02 AM) Reply
Yeah, your first BWOF - great work!!!! That jacket looks like a great first project to conquer. :-)
mylittleelephant said... (1/4/08 4:28 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket! I have been thinking of sewing this but can't decide fabric, you have made lovely choice! Thank you for the review!
Grammy Gin said... (12/30/07 3:37 PM) Reply
Congrats on your first BWOF! Waiting for my first issue to come since Sept. ;-( That's a really cute jacket.
Danvillegirl said... (12/29/07 7:31 AM) Reply
I have yet to make anything from BWOF. It just sounds so painful to do all the tracing, etc. The sewing part does not bother me. I really should take the plunge. Great jacket style. Congrats on your first BWOF project.
Linda G said... (12/29/07 7:24 AM) Reply
Thanks for the nice review. This pattern has appealed to me but I was always kind of afraid it would hang like a sack because of so few pieces. but you proved that wrong....I may just have to make it after seeing your review. Maybe I will make it out of waterproofed twill to have a rain type coat for spring.
Sigrid. said... (12/29/07 7:01 AM) Reply
Cute jacket, BWOF patterns are my preference mostly. You'll enjoy them now you've made your first one.
suzanrossi said... (12/28/07 10:51 PM) Reply
Thanks for the encouraging words abojut taking the Burday risk!
Christina Sonja said... (12/28/07 10:12 PM) Reply
Yay! I'm glad your first BWOF experience was a good one. That's a really cute jacket. I want to go back and make that.
Nancywin said... (12/28/07 9:03 PM) Reply
Great review CL - now you'll be hooked like the est of us BWOF fans :-)
ryan's mom said... (12/28/07 8:57 PM) Reply
Great, fun jacket! And yes, I'm in the never-used-Burda-before crowd :) .
LindsayT said... (12/28/07 5:10 PM) Reply
Fun jacket, fun review!
cmarie12 said... (12/28/07 2:31 PM) Reply
Its a funky and fun jacket
bluenines said... (12/28/07 1:56 PM) Reply
congratulations on your first bwof!.. your jacket looks very comfy to wear ,, and of course warm
MissCelie said... (12/28/07 1:30 PM) Reply
I'm so excited you've made your first BWOF! Welcome my child, welcome.
cecelia said... (12/28/07 12:44 PM) Reply
This is so cute and looks very comfy and warm too.
CynthiaSue said... (12/28/07 12:35 PM) Reply