Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> 103 (Cha-Cha-Cha Dress)

Reviewed by:Reiko

About Reikostar
Member since: 8/26/06
Posted on:1/2/08 5:16 PM
Last Updated:3/23/10 6:52 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
apsara said... (5/23/08 10:07 AM) Reply
I think it looks incredible on you, for whatever it's worth!
crazygrad said... (4/1/08 9:46 AM) Reply
A big "huh!" to your husband. That dress looks great on you. Was he having a bad day? I love the irridescence of the fabric! I've always envisioned this pattern as a casual dress, but you've given me an idea for a more evening approach. And it looks great!
Roxxygrl said... (3/31/08 5:38 PM) Reply
double post
Roxxygrl said... (3/31/08 5:37 PM) Reply
Beautifully made, lovely choice of colour and fabric. I would be thrilled to have a dress like this, it looks comfortable and yet so stylish. I wouldn't take the comments by your partner too seriously, 'most' men hardly have a clue how to put together an outfit for themselves let alone someone else.
SewTwin said... (2/7/08 8:04 PM) Reply
I ditto the comments about your dress!It is lovely, and so are you!He better keep his mitts on you lookin like this! See how many men sew on this website, cause most don't have the patience, or ingenuity..Yes, I sigh on the legs from my 5'1" vantage.Really looks like a runway look and so do you! You go, girl!!
fuzzygalore said... (1/3/08 5:02 PM) Reply
If your husband's going to be like that, it might be better to just not ask him :-). Most of them can barely dress themselves, much less have constructive opinions about handmade items for other people.. and I think we all agree here you look really fabulous in that dress!
Grammy Gin said... (1/3/08 9:32 AM) Reply
You look glamorous in your dress! What do DH's know? Wear it every chance you get! ;-)
Reiko said... (1/3/08 5:48 AM) Reply
Thank you everyone. I will wear it with pride!
Dmd4106 said... (1/3/08 0:42 AM) Reply
I think the dress is beautiful, in agreement with the other comments, sometime dh /men in general like dresses more form fitting. Thanks for the review.
Annette1 said... (1/3/08 0:19 AM) Reply
Well, your husband is NUTS (no offense). :o)) If I looked this good in a dress, I'd make about five of them. Very, very pretty, and you look like a model in it. :o) I love the color too. The sheen and the color in combination look quite sophisticated. Congratulations on your first review!
morzel said... (1/2/08 10:58 PM) Reply
I have that issue with my BF sometimes - he often thinks my patterned fabric too overwhelming. But then again, it is only natural that we don�t have the same taste in everything. So I wear the stuff anyway, as he wears garments I don�t particularly care for... as long as it is not about your whole wardrobe... Anyway, I like the dress on you! Especially the skirt finish and length, shows some very nice legs indeed! (Wish I had some like that...)
Katy M said... (1/2/08 9:48 PM) Reply
I love it! Your husband is only one person in the whole world - personally my first response when I clicked on the image was WOW! Great job, I think it looks beautiful and stylish - wear it out anyway, he might change his mind when he sees how many compliments you get on it :)
SarahSM said... (1/2/08 9:27 PM) Reply
Very cute! I like your alteration to the sleeves.
nancy2001 said... (1/2/08 8:19 PM) Reply
Reiko, I think you sew beautifully and would look lovely in anything you made. But next time you might want ask for your husband's opinion about a fabric or a pattern before you start your project. I've learned that whenever my husband gives me his opinion about an outfit I'm working on, he's usually right.
Angelia74 said... (1/2/08 8:09 PM) Reply
mickisews is right, my husband doesn't like things on me unless its form fitting or clevage baring! This looks great on you and you are so beautiful! I also like your fabric choice!
Peggy L said... (1/2/08 7:54 PM) Reply
What does he know?? It looks great on you! Wear it with pride.
Kaitlinnegan said... (1/2/08 7:30 PM) Reply
I have to agree -- the dress looks great on you! I think mickisews hit the nail on the head. ;)
mickisews said... (1/2/08 7:12 PM) Reply
I think you look BEAUTIFUL!! Sometimes men like looks that are more "form fitting" on women, and that is the only thing they can see. I love this on you. Keep up the good work :>) Micki
Reiko said... (1/2/08 6:55 PM) Reply

Reiko said... (1/2/08 6:55 PM) Reply

Reiko said... (1/2/08 6:53 PM) Reply

Reiko said... (1/2/08 6:52 PM) Reply

Reiko said... (1/2/08 6:45 PM) Reply
Thank you. You cheered me up.
coolobreeze said... (1/2/08 6:24 PM) Reply
I really like your version of this dress. I think it looks good on you.

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-1996-417