Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2007-115B (jacket)

Reviewed by:Linda G

About Linda Gstar
MN USA
Member since: 11/11/06
Posted on:1/3/08 9:08 PM
Last Updated:1/3/08 9:08 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
JenniferBee said... (1/6/08 1:37 AM) Reply
Great outfit, love the lining as well.
Nancywin said... (1/5/08 5:36 PM) Reply
I love your save on the lining. Everything looks great. And, lucky you with those thrift store fabrics!
Lori V said... (1/4/08 5:29 PM) Reply
Great outfit and less than $30, very impressive.
ITAdmin said... (1/4/08 10:51 AM) Reply
Great outfit. I, too, especially like the buttons.
Grammy Gin said... (1/4/08 10:00 AM) Reply
You do such beautiful work! I love the lining. ;-)
carolynw said... (1/4/08 9:59 AM) Reply
Nice looking outfit
nicegirl said... (1/4/08 9:57 AM) Reply
I say always get the boots, the outfit will come. `-) I love the way your jacket turned out--that pattern really caught my eye and it is at the back of my head for a really fun piece.
marjenann said... (1/4/08 8:49 AM) Reply
OMG!! I love this outfit!! It looks like a Neiman Marcus number. The buttons are just the perfect touch!!!
JuliaS said... (1/4/08 7:50 AM) Reply
I recently finished this jacket and just love the pattern. Don't tell anyone, but I think yours looks better on you than mine does on me... :)
Linda G said... (1/4/08 7:31 AM) Reply
fuzzygalore, I rated it difficult because of all of the long darts that shape the pleats, the point in the middle of the yoke in the back that has to be perfect to look good and also the collor was difficult, it has a stand and is then sewn on like a lapel type collar. The jacket took me a lot longer than I would have anticipated that it would. Each sleeve has three pieces also that is how the pleat is made in the sleeves and also just pressing the darts so that they made nice little unpressed pleats.
trinicity said... (1/4/08 7:06 AM) Reply
this rocks, I love it, it looks so vintage but so trendy, you did an awesome job
fuzzygalore said... (1/4/08 6:25 AM) Reply
Why did you rate this difficult? I get the impression it was because you had to jiggle the fabric and piece the lining, just wanted to check whether it was the pattern that had anything unusually tricky :-). Fabulous results in any case, good fabric always pays doesn't it?
Sigrid. said... (1/4/08 3:46 AM) Reply
You've got good results with this jacket. I made a muslin and it didn't look good on me. But on you this is a great jacket. Like your buttons.
pterion said... (1/4/08 0:24 AM) Reply
What a smart-looking outfit. And so beautifully crafted. Lovely!
Dei said... (1/3/08 10:58 PM) Reply
Love everything about the ensemble! And you are wearing it with style.
tomed said... (1/3/08 10:50 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this! This is something I would not have considered before but you have changed my mind. It looks great on you!
Seaspur said... (1/3/08 10:34 PM) Reply
What a great looking outfit! Nice job.
Dmd4106 said... (1/3/08 9:45 PM) Reply
Great outfit! The seaming in the back is cool. Very nice.
Karen6790 said... (1/3/08 9:32 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review - this pattern is sitting with its fabric just waiting to be cut out. Now I know it has to move up the list. Beautiful fabric - don't you love thrift stores sometimes? Can't believe someone got rid of it, but good for you for finding it and doing such a beautiful job making it up.
AnneMarie60 said... (1/3/08 9:20 PM) Reply
This is a great-looking ensemble. What a fantastic fabric find! You look terrific in your $30 outfit!

by: stonecutte...