Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2008-116 (Wrap over top)

Reviewed by:MelissaB in WA

Posted on:1/9/08 4:31 PM
Last Updated:1/9/08 4:31 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
Sigrid. said... (1/13/08 6:00 PM) Reply
Checked my pattern, and I cut the tie in the length for size 44, one size larger than the pattern (not on purpose).
slanden99 said... (1/11/08 0:01 AM) Reply
Looks great on you! Love how it has a built in cami. Thanks for the photos
mudcat said... (1/10/08 9:25 PM) Reply
Great top. Helpful review. I just got my Burda issue a few days ago and had already planned to make this one.
Lucy in Virginia said... (1/10/08 4:47 PM) Reply
Beautiful fabric! You did a lovely job. I saw this in the magazine and liked it, too, but didn't like the fabric they chose (not a lime green kind of person). You have convinced me to give it a try. And I had no idea they had more pix on the web. Thanks for the tip!
Jane S said... (1/10/08 2:56 PM) Reply
Wonderful top, great fabric on you. But when did they start selling fabric at Disneyland, LOL. Since we're heading up to Disneyworld in April, I'd enjoy it even more if fabric shopping were included with our daily passes:-)
Seamingly Simple said... (1/10/08 2:46 PM) Reply
Yummy! What a nice infusion of florals. I didn't know about the built-in cami and now I'll just have to try this pattern.
LindsayT said... (1/10/08 2:02 PM) Reply
Very RTW-looking. Love the bright colors on you.
EveS said... (1/10/08 1:47 PM) Reply
Melissa, Melissa, Melissa. Perhaps if you'd stop cranking out such great stuff at the pace you do, I'd actually SEW something myself! As it is, there's not enough time to read all of your reviews AND sew. ;) Love this top! It's just great. Oh...and all of the other things you've just reviewed? They're great, too! That's totally cheating, I know, but hey, time's a'tickin! :) :)
sewing for fun said... (1/10/08 1:24 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top, great print and looks fantastic on you. Thanks for the review - I want to try this one, too!
chrisquilts_2 said... (1/10/08 9:23 AM) Reply
The looks like a perfectly wearable muslin...it looks great on you, very flattering. I'm glad burda is putting up additional pictures of the garments, many times I thought the "artistic" layouts of the models, all but eliminated any possibility of seeing the garment lines.
Grammy Gin said... (1/10/08 9:05 AM) Reply
Stylish top! ;-)
marjenann said... (1/10/08 8:04 AM) Reply
Wow!! I love your version of this top! Perfect fabric choice!! This could be a TAT pattern for you!!!
Danvillegirl said... (1/10/08 6:44 AM) Reply
I like this top.
Sigrid. said... (1/10/08 2:40 AM) Reply
Great top Melissa. I must check what I did with the tie-length, as I didn't do anything special with that on purpose.
Christina Sonja said... (1/10/08 2:00 AM) Reply
What a great top! I just know you're gonna make another... :)
cindy-lou said... (1/10/08 0:12 AM) Reply
Your top is so cute! Your things always are. Now I want it. Badly. ;)
Betsybobbin said... (1/9/08 9:31 PM) Reply
Very cute! You look great in those colors!
Allie in Hong Kong said... (1/9/08 8:38 PM) Reply
Really helpful review and your top looks great, perfect fit on you. I have this traced and ready to sew this weekend and will check those ties before I cut!
Diane E said... (1/9/08 8:16 PM) Reply
Melissa, this is beautiful! I love the fabric and you look so pretty in this top. Thanks for the excellent review.
MasoumaRose said... (1/9/08 8:02 PM) Reply
I like how you have centered the chrysanthemum! You look great in the top. This pattern is on my list of things to make.
Heatherrique said... (1/9/08 7:42 PM) Reply
Great style and fit, Melissa! I also adore your version!
Birgitte said... (1/9/08 7:09 PM) Reply
I was already planning on making this for DD- thanks for the tip on the ties and all the other helpful info, your top looks fabulous!
Seaspur said... (1/9/08 7:03 PM) Reply
I love your wrap top. This is the one pattern that I really want to make from this issue but I'm still waiting for it to be delivered.
Karen6790 said... (1/9/08 6:19 PM) Reply
This may be my next knit top - between your review and Sigrid's, I'm convinced. Thanks for the warning about the ties.
Lori V said... (1/9/08 6:19 PM) Reply
Great top, Melissa. The flowers just pop on this fabric. Another must make BWOF. Thanks for all the tips.
Padmé said... (1/9/08 6:13 PM) Reply
I agree with Leslie, this is definitely a must make.
Linda G said... (1/9/08 5:54 PM) Reply
Your Asian top is very cute. I like the style and if I was your age I would make one.
Leslie in Austin said... (1/9/08 5:29 PM) Reply
That's it. Now I have to throw aside all other projects and copy this top. The bright colors on a black background are really flattering to you! Thanks for all the tips--they'll come in handy for sure!
michellep74 said... (1/9/08 5:18 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip about the ties! Your top turned out really cute!
AnneMarie60 said... (1/9/08 5:18 PM) Reply
Looks great!
Nancy K said... (1/9/08 4:52 PM) Reply
I have this on my very long list of patterns to sew, so when I get to it I will check the ties very carefully before I cut! It still looks nice and now you can make it in your good fabric and it will be fabulous. It is a very flattering top.

More Knits