Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 01-2008-122 (Artist's Shirt)

Reviewed by:Deb Thompson

About Deb Thompsonstar
AB CANADA
Member since: 7/8/05
Posted on:1/28/08 2:27 PM
Last Updated:7/28/09 1:56 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 24 people
Catbird said... (7/30/09 9:41 AM) Reply
I'm kind of glad you made that mistake when you were editing, because for some reason I missed this the first time around and I like your version! I've made this top, too (but haven't reviewed it yet) and love it, but find it's big, so I'm going to go down a size or two and make another one. I also wear a tank to avoid embarrasment when I'm out in public. Yours looks great on you!
Judy Wentz said... (7/28/09 3:42 PM) Reply
Very Very nice! jw
CynthiaSue said... (7/28/09 3:17 PM) Reply
ha ha! i did this too the other day and I felt all sheepish! There is an option when you are editing your review, to either check "minor review, don't move to top" or it will automatically be moved to top again. Try editing another review and look for that button/option/checkbox thingy. You'll see it.
angie.a said... (2/2/08 7:35 PM) Reply
I had missed this one too, now I need to dig that issue out! Great jog, it looks fabulous on you!
jeanielynn said... (2/1/08 11:11 AM) Reply
great slide show ! I am thinking about making this blouse and am inspired by you! thanks, jeanie
ChristineX said... (1/29/08 2:47 PM) Reply
Wow, this is such a great top!! I love the label! =)
Lucy in Virginia said... (1/29/08 1:29 PM) Reply
Very nice job!
MissCelie said... (1/29/08 12:59 PM) Reply
Yeah!! this is on my to make list. I'm really excited now. Super duper cute!
gatorgirl4325 said... (1/29/08 11:12 AM) Reply
Lovely top - and congratulations on getting the "good" face from your daughter!
Fran G said... (1/29/08 8:06 AM) Reply
Darling top..! want one, too! Add to list..dare I ask for a rainy day? Your photos are an excellent addition to your review..beautiful work on that front placket...very clean and professional.
Mary Stiefer said... (1/28/08 9:18 PM) Reply
What a lovely top
SarahSM said... (1/28/08 9:07 PM) Reply
This blouse is fabulous! I hadn't even noticed it in my issue of BWOF, and now I'll have to take a second look. It seems like such a classy, yet casual style.
patrica said... (1/28/08 8:56 PM) Reply
Very lovely shirt looks great on you. Your work is wonderful,great photos too
Izzie said... (1/28/08 8:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Thanks for the review.
aperiolat said... (1/28/08 7:31 PM) Reply
Awesome shirt! You look great and what a wonderful choice of color and fabric. I can't wait to make one now! Thanks for the fantastic review.
jaeng said... (1/28/08 7:30 PM) Reply
First I thought Jennifer Aniston does sew and posted her creations here. Your shirt looks cute and suit you well.
Nancywin said... (1/28/08 7:17 PM) Reply
This top is my favorite in that issue and I have fabric ready to go for it too. You did a beautiful job on the sewing - it looks very professionally done. And YES you DO look like Jennifer Aniston and your husband is doing a great job with the photography.
Leora said... (1/28/08 6:55 PM) Reply
Love this shirt!
Twinset said... (1/28/08 6:47 PM) Reply
Wow! That is so cute and it suits you so well!
cindy-lou said... (1/28/08 5:53 PM) Reply
Absolutely, Absolutely GORGEOUS! That does it-- I'm finding that 1/08 BWOF. You do just beautiful work!
Becky Coleman said... (1/28/08 5:50 PM) Reply
Nice to know it runs a bit large -- maybe I can squeeze in without upgrading. I do like those lines; about the only white shirt I liked. Isn't choice great! Your shirt is beautiful.
Dei said... (1/28/08 5:17 PM) Reply
Way too cute. Nice to know it was done without alterations. You and the pix your husband took look great.
nellc said... (1/28/08 5:10 PM) Reply
Lovely top and so beautifully made.
chinel said... (1/28/08 5:04 PM) Reply
the result look really professional, very nice
Markie1 said... (1/28/08 4:57 PM) Reply
OK, that does it! This top will be MINE. I only hope I will look as good as you do in it. Well done!
Angelia74 said... (1/28/08 4:56 PM) Reply
Beautiful work!! I love your top!!
Sigrid. said... (1/28/08 4:52 PM) Reply
This top on you made me change my mind. I had skipped it as the least interesting of the series of blouses in this issue. You showed a great version of this, it's gorgeous on you. And having a 14 yr old daughter too, I know that when they approve, it's a winner ;-)
Deb Thompson said... (1/28/08 4:49 PM) Reply
Hilda - Pics are only good cause of the photographer! My husband is learning photography so he is always looking for someone to pose! Lucky me!!
Deb Thompson said... (1/28/08 4:49 PM) Reply
oops! how do I delete a comment??
Deb Thompson said... (1/28/08 4:48 PM) Reply
Huldra - Pics are only good cause of the photographer! My husband is learning photography so he is always looking for someone to pose! Lucky me!!
Huldra said... (1/28/08 4:36 PM) Reply
Looks fantastic on you, and the photos are amazing. I wish my pics would look like that. :)
Nancy K said... (1/28/08 4:34 PM) Reply
I love this top! It looks great on you.
inkstain said... (1/28/08 4:23 PM) Reply
Just finished mine in white like in the magazine. Your finishing is top-notch! I don't have a serger and now I wish I did. Great photos!
LindsayT said... (1/28/08 4:17 PM) Reply
Really nice job. Love the photo session!
Knitsandsews said... (1/28/08 4:17 PM) Reply
I passed over this when I flipped through the magazine, but this blouse is much more attractive on you than on the model - nice work!
Miriam said... (1/28/08 3:48 PM) Reply
What a great top for you. It looks like it was the perfect design choice and wonderful fabric choice. Enjoy wearing it and making more!
Lori V said... (1/28/08 3:43 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top, I love the look of this blouse. You look fantastic. Thanks for all the pictures.
pterion said... (1/28/08 3:17 PM) Reply
GORGEOUS top! You look great in it. That does it - I need to find this issue...
avancleve said... (1/28/08 3:15 PM) Reply
Thank you for the wonderful review. This top is really cute!
Deb Thompson said... (1/28/08 3:02 PM) Reply
Birgitte, you can't imagine how relieved I was to find your review and pictures on how to do the front opening. I laid in bed the whole night (before I found your review) trying to piece it together in my head. I had no idea how I was going to sew it and then voila, your review showed up in my search!!! So THANK YOU for the pictures!!
Birgitte said... (1/28/08 2:56 PM) Reply
It looks super cute on you!!! Beautiful construction and I love the light blue color. And thanks for the mention :-) and also for all the pictures- very helpful!
michellep74 said... (1/28/08 2:56 PM) Reply
Very cute shirt! I want to make this up, too, but haven't found the "right" fabric yet. ;)
Vintage Joan said... (1/28/08 2:52 PM) Reply
Omigosh, I lo-----ve it. What a great shirt! You and it both look very fresh and artsy. :) (P.S. I grew up in Calgary -- best wishes to all in "Cowtown"!)
Deb Thompson said... (1/28/08 2:51 PM) Reply
haha sexi sadi - yes, my husband. I said "ya maybe an ugly version of her" Thanks for the comment
SexiSadi said... (1/28/08 2:46 PM) Reply
Cute shirt. Anyone ever tell you that you kind of look like Jennifer Aniston?
Karen6790 said... (1/28/08 2:36 PM) Reply
I just cut this out last night and now I can't wait to sew it. Love your version.

Center for Pattern Design CB Paletot