Pattern Reviews> Burda Plus Fashion Magazine> 09-2004-404 (Leather Pants/Jeans)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

kajero said... (2/2/14 10:49 AM) Reply
Thank you so much for a wonderful review. The way your pants fit and top stitching are awesome. Your details are extremely helpful. I will try this alteration! Nothing else has worked so far! I took the Craftsy Pant fitting alteration class and never did come out with anything that fit right.
AltaB said... (4/15/09 9:45 AM) Reply
A great review, with lots of detail! I like the idea of a cross between jeans and slacks. Debbie, I "discovered" you on Google just this past weekend and I've learned so much from you already. I've been sewing for many years, ball gowns for my daughter included, but could never muster the courage to sew pants for myself, because of my plus size fitting issues! So I hope to have my own TNT pant pattern soon...
starlite said... (4/13/09 4:33 PM) Reply
Great information. Everything I read by Debbie Cook is very helpful.
Audrey Middleton said... (8/20/08 5:04 PM) Reply
It took until I was a senior citizen, before I was aware of fitting issues similar to your. After so many trials with frustrating results..I have just found your blog and your review has me so excited to try again! I'm almost there!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!
TexasPat said... (6/24/08 7:27 PM) Reply
I use it all the time.
Lucy in Virginia said... (2/8/08 10:25 AM) Reply
Very nice job!
Modiste Madness said... (2/3/08 10:37 AM) Reply
Thank you for your well writen and detailed review! You pants look great on you. Perfect fit.
svenskaflicka said... (2/3/08 9:09 AM) Reply
Very flattering jeans. Love your whimsical touches and entertaining review!
jhansby said... (2/3/08 1:10 AM) Reply
Awesome jeans and they look awesome on you, too!! I love reading your reviews and I love the "fun" fabric touch for the lining pieces....have to do that on some of my own projects!! Thanks for the great review!!
Nancywin said... (2/3/08 0:57 AM) Reply
Very inspirational! I love the topstitching. Great fit. I'm going off to read your blog now...
Caroly72 said... (2/2/08 4:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful fit! Great job. I love the printed fabric for the zipper facing and pocket lining!
Meggie LuLu said... (2/2/08 12:09 PM) Reply
Cute jeans. They look so nice.
MelissaB in WA said... (2/2/08 11:24 AM) Reply
Bravo on those jeans Debbie!!!! I hope the denim you ordered is the ticket for more fabulous pairs!!!! :-)
nicegirl said... (2/2/08 10:00 AM) Reply
Those look fantastic on you! Excellent job with fit and finish. I'm ashamed to say that I tried SB's fly front method last year....the result was too horrible to post.
carolynw said... (2/2/08 9:10 AM) Reply
Superb fit - that's ahoot - allthat work then to find they are the identical to your TNT - but the bottom line is you made a great fitting pair of jeans!!
Marita Kinnula said... (2/2/08 8:41 AM) Reply
Debbie, I really have to take my hat off to you and bow:-) seems like you enjoy making the difficult to work, not to mention that you are graceful enough to share it with us. Your jeans looks really good on you.
Shrazzy said... (2/2/08 7:22 AM) Reply
Now you have inspire me to definitely make a pair of jeans--yours turned out great!
Birgitte said... (2/1/08 7:17 PM) Reply
The fit is absolutely fabulous!! Thanks for an inspiring and well-written review!
Sew4Fun said... (2/1/08 5:35 PM) Reply
Great jeans! The topstitching, especially on the back pockets is nicely done. Your dogs may not appreicate the pocket lining with dog bones (from where they will receive their doggie treats), but I like it. It made me smile.
Deepika said... (2/1/08 5:34 PM) Reply
Love those jeans. Perfection!
solosmocker said... (2/1/08 5:19 PM) Reply
Great pants!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/1/08 4:06 PM) Reply
Great looking pants/jeans, Debbie! And your efforts to make a complete Review are always appreciated--even by Advanced Beginner sewers!!
Nancy K said... (2/1/08 3:58 PM) Reply
they look terrific Debbie. Your detail pictures are very helpful.
sewsue said... (2/1/08 3:52 PM) Reply
Your jeans look so comfortable and well fitted! Thanks for another informative and fun review.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/1/08 3:03 PM) Reply
I think you look d*mned good in these jeans, and the back view is to die for! And your review ... ooo, so instructive. I think there should be a tiny DVD with you speaking and instructing attached to each and every BWOF entry in the magazine. -Lily
OP Gal said... (2/1/08 2:44 PM) Reply
Great looking jeans, Debbie. I'm going to have to save up and buy that Minot book if I can find it. I love the reference to heart or diamond shaped hips. Since I have a heart shaped butt, I wonder if I fit the category. Your reviews are always so informative. Thanks for another great one.
LindsayT said... (2/1/08 2:43 PM) Reply
So impressive, Debbie! I really like these jeans on you.
Erica B. said... (2/1/08 2:31 PM) Reply
Fabulous jeans! I love the pockets!
featherweight48 said... (2/1/08 1:43 PM) Reply
I always said I would give my first born to fix that back pants wrinkle. Thanks for the Minott pics. It is exactly what I needed! I'll send that first born soon! (it's o.k.--he's a cabinetmaker. What do you want in your sewing room? )
moushka said... (2/1/08 1:16 PM) Reply
Always a treat to read your reviews, Debbie. Your jeans look great. Thanks for a terrific, detailed review. Sue
Grammy Gin said... (2/1/08 1:12 PM) Reply
As usual, a terrific review with loads of info on fitting. I need a larger size for the tummy, but nowhere else! Guess I just have to keep trying ;-( BTW you look great in these too! ;-)
said... (2/1/08 1:12 PM) Reply
Great Review Debbie. I always learn so much and have a good laugh while reading your reviews. The jeans look great and very cute cotton print for the facing.
lauraborealis said... (2/1/08 1:01 PM) Reply
I am really impressed with the fit of your jeans... great job!
Lori V said... (2/1/08 12:59 PM) Reply
Debbie, incredible jeans. They look fantastic and thanks for the very detailed review.
Em's Summer said... (2/1/08 11:52 AM) Reply
Those jeans fit you perfectly! And what a great review!
sewbehind said... (2/1/08 11:36 AM) Reply
Debbie, your reviews are always informative and the results are always fantastic! (because you never give up!) You look great.
Melody said... (2/1/08 11:20 AM) Reply
Great jeans, great review. Thanks, I know I'll use this as a reference when I make jeans. You look fab!
PVA said... (2/1/08 11:05 AM) Reply
I too had to laugh out-loud at the "moment of clarity" when you discovered you had duplicated the "altered" Simplicity pattern! I love your reviews & your wonderful sense of humor! Thanks again for a tutorial on making a pattern work for you.
NoraNora said... (2/1/08 10:40 AM) Reply
As usual a wonderfully detailed review...almost a mini (or not so mini) class in Good Fit. One of the things I was struck by is your muslin back picture. How many women who have jeans that look great from the front have exactly that look in the back. I'm amazed how often this exact fit is seen. You'd think plus size jeans manufacturers would take notice and make the changes you've made to your wonderfully fitting jeans. Maybe they should hire you as a consultant!
Sigrid. said... (2/1/08 10:35 AM) Reply
Great review and great pants. That topstitching is awesome. You look very good in these.
muffie11 said... (2/1/08 10:28 AM) Reply
Debbie - your review is great - thanks for all the info, and these pants are really nice on you!
greenmommie said... (2/1/08 10:27 AM) Reply
Those look great on you and I love that dark denim. It's hard to find good denim.
Marji said... (2/1/08 10:14 AM) Reply
Debbie, they look great on you. I had to laugh about the re-inventing the wheel portion. At least you keep coming out in the same place. Glad you ended up with a pant you love so much. PS, that dogbone print is a funny one for a fly facing!
MissCelie said... (2/1/08 10:13 AM) Reply
Very, very nice Debbie!
RLL said... (2/1/08 10:12 AM) Reply
Your jeans are yet another masterpiece. I have Debbie Cook envy. You are such a prolific sewer, and so detailed with the reviews. Your detailed alterations are extremely helpful to alot of us. Thank you!
Mermie said... (2/1/08 9:51 AM) Reply
Your jeans are terrific. They look great on you. Excellent review too!
Charlene McGill said... (2/1/08 9:47 AM) Reply
Debbie, your jeans look awesome on you. Excellent review as always. Thanks for all the pictures and detail information. I truely appreciate it.
gatorgirl4325 said... (2/1/08 9:46 AM) Reply
Those are some great looking jeans! I really enjoy all the detail you give in your reviews. Maybe one day I'll be able to make a pair of pants that fit me! : )
beangirl said... (2/1/08 9:36 AM) Reply
Ha!! Your pattern alteration scenario made me laugh out loud at work (which is always dangerous). Well, I guess we now know what looks good on you at any rate. These are definitely FABULOUS. And as always, a wonderfully detailed review too!
Sherril Miller said... (2/1/08 9:33 AM) Reply
A lot of work, but now you know. I really like the back pockets.
christine A said... (2/1/08 9:13 AM) Reply
I would love to take a "jeans" class with you as the instructor! Your details are soooo cute, and you make it look easy.
ConnieBJ said... (2/1/08 9:01 AM) Reply
GRRReat jeans Debbie! The fit is awesome. Love the fabric- It can be so difficult to find the perfect denim!
Elaray said... (2/1/08 9:00 AM) Reply
Lots of useful information in this review. The jeans look good!
dbsewer said... (2/1/08 8:40 AM) Reply
Your jeans look great on you. I still can't make pants but it's encouraging to find another curvy girl who makes them work.
Linda G said... (2/1/08 8:15 AM) Reply
Great looking jeans, I know what you mean about straying from tried and true pant patterns. I just can't resist doing it and everytime I end up digging out the TNT and trying to reshape after the fact. Just did that with a pair of wool pants.

No Pattern Used pet bed