Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7942 (Vogue Basic Design Coat (OOP))

Reviewed by:ITAdmin

About ITAdminstarstarstar
USA
Member since: 11/19/06
Posted on:2/1/08 8:59 PM
Last Updated:2/2/08 10:36 AM

moushka said... (3/5/08 8:02 AM) Reply
Incredible outfit. You did a wonderful job. Wear it with pride. Now we know why couturiers get the big bucks :-) Thanks for sharing your fabulous project. Sue
So So said... (3/4/08 5:24 PM) Reply
Another fantastic entry! I agree with some of the others, a once in a lifetime project etc.
So So said... (3/4/08 5:23 PM) Reply
cindyann said... (2/29/08 1:16 PM) Reply
I love this! You did a fantastic job.
Lucy in Virginia said... (2/8/08 10:40 AM) Reply
Very, very nice and much more attractive color than the black and white RTW!
busy bee said... (2/3/08 2:52 PM) Reply
Beautiful color and beautiful work-woman-ship.
Heatherrique said... (2/2/08 7:41 PM) Reply
Spectacular knockoff! Great color and fit!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/2/08 6:22 PM) Reply
A spectacular review to track the design process of a stupendous result, with lots of humor throw in. Your handwork leaves me breathless; your patience I cannot fathom. Take a bow. Brava! -Lily
hongkongshopper said... (2/2/08 6:06 PM) Reply
Thanks for the close ups. beautiful work!
echolalia said... (2/2/08 6:01 PM) Reply
i truly admire you for following through on your vision, despite the frustration. What a wonderful result!
Sherril Miller said... (2/2/08 5:04 PM) Reply
I'm glad you finished it as it is stunning!
marjenann said... (2/2/08 3:30 PM) Reply
Exquisite workmanship! Your are truly a designer, to work out the many details in this garment. Extraordinary!
rivergum said... (2/2/08 3:16 PM) Reply
Wow, I am so impressed! That is a beautiful coat, but the story of how it was made really shows of some awesome IT problem solving skills. You're obviously a loss to the profession. Congratulations on a superb garment!
Birgitte said... (2/2/08 2:04 PM) Reply
What a truly REMARKABLE job you did here... the details are simply exquisite!
CarolynGM said... (2/2/08 12:14 PM) Reply
Beautiful topstitching and hemstitching detail on your lovely coat. Really fine work.
carolynw said... (2/2/08 12:05 PM) Reply
My goodness gracious girl - you have turned out a masterpiece - you can tell anyone who asks that you paid over $5,000 for the ensemble and they would believe you. This is what I call top of the line work and bravo for sticking with it.
Markie1 said... (2/2/08 12:04 PM) Reply
What an AMAZING accomplishment! Not just that you got it done, but that it is beautifully done as well. The buttons are brilliant, the topstitching is perfect. There is some serious whimsy to this coat, and you captured it perfectly. Your review was a perfect guide through your journey. Congratulations.
Darla in PA said... (2/2/08 11:00 AM) Reply
What a great knockoff you have accomplished! Your coat is absolutely stunning. I'm sure you will be wearing with pride.
Betsybobbin said... (2/2/08 9:45 AM) Reply
This is beautiful!! What an accomplishment! The topstitching is perfect. I love complicated labor intensive projects too and this inspires me.
OP Gal said... (2/2/08 9:20 AM) Reply
What a great knockoff! You should be proud of yourself for having done such a good job.
mylittleelephant said... (2/2/08 9:06 AM) Reply
Lovely! Now I really feel like making this pattern! Can't wait for the full review!
Ronda Rae said... (2/2/08 7:33 AM) Reply
This looks great!
Janice C. said... (2/2/08 4:47 AM) Reply
WOW !!!!!!!
DivaQ said... (2/2/08 3:00 AM) Reply
This is gorgeous! The topstitching is BEAUTIFUL!! I love it!
inkstain said... (2/2/08 1:50 AM) Reply
WOW! I made this coat some years ago in a dark green wool gabardine which a local shop was giving away by the bolt. Turned out it was reject Swiss Army uniform stock! With pants from Vogue Woman, it's a basic ensemble. I'll go back now to this pattern inspired by your creativity to rethink new versions. Thanks for your extraordinary vision and stamina.
PegL said... (2/1/08 11:26 PM) Reply
Fabulous coat! Fantastic review!
hongkongshopper said... (2/1/08 10:50 PM) Reply
Wow, what a great knockoff. Can't wait for some close up shots ;))
ryansmumAria said... (2/1/08 9:45 PM) Reply
Truly Brilliant. We should all be so proud to make just one garment like this in our lifetime. You deserve some kind of award. I feel similar to you about charging more. I was a patternmaker. When I hear people complain about paying 15 dollars for a pattern, I want to scream - You should be happy to pay ONLY 15 dollars - that is dirt cheap for all my mind blowing suffering - it should cost 3 x's that amount . Shamefully, I feel like I'm stealing when I happily buy tons of Joann's patterns for $1.00.
Robin Denning said... (2/1/08 9:09 PM) Reply
What an incredible accomplishment! Your coat turned out beautifully. When you recover from the trauma, you will appreciate it. Great review, too!

BurdaStyle Downloadable Burdastyle Handbook: Bag