Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> V8311 (Gloves)

Reviewed by:crisford

About crisfordstarstar
OR USA
Member since: 10/5/06
Posted on:2/5/08 1:19 PM
Last Updated:2/5/08 2:29 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
Joni2 said... (2/7/08 6:06 PM) Reply
Ditto on all comments. I haven't had the nerve to try these, too, so now I may. Please tell me more about Saral tracing paper; thanks.
nancy2001 said... (2/7/08 3:42 PM) Reply
I'm very impressed that you were able to make these gloves. I tried this pattern and made the wadder to end all wadders. Glove making is next to impossible.
Beek said... (2/7/08 1:42 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I have been wanting to tackle this pattern and now I will! Your gloves are great.
Kay Y said... (2/6/08 7:57 PM) Reply
I am so impressed that you tried this! They do look wonderful. (Love the pose). I think the time is ripe for elegant gloves since there are so many retro look jackets with 3/4 length and glove length sleeves out there.
Annette1 said... (2/6/08 6:41 PM) Reply
Great gloves and a very interesting review!
Stitchcakes said... (2/6/08 9:31 AM) Reply
I love gloves! I sooo wish little white gloves would make a comeback. I am encouraged by your review, and will probably attempt these. Such a nice way to use small amounts of fabrics, plus play with leather in a relatively cheap way. I'll bet there are all sorts of things lying around or in thrift shops that could be recycled into nifty gloves due to the small fabric requirements. Hmmm....
marjenann said... (2/6/08 8:14 AM) Reply
I am coveting those gloves! They are masterpieces!
Sic said... (2/5/08 10:20 PM) Reply
Lovely! Thank you for the review!
Nancywin said... (2/5/08 8:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I have the other Vogue glove pattern and some stretch suede cloth to make them out of. Thanks for the tips.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/5/08 5:51 PM) Reply
A moment of silence for making gloves ... very impressive. Excellent review with lots of important tips for success. I'll be curious to know how your first attempt at leather gloves goes; please check back and update us. -Lily
Dee2 said... (2/5/08 5:49 PM) Reply
Your gloves are beautiful! I always thought they were difficult to make--glad to hear otherwise. This is a great gift idea too!
Athene said... (2/5/08 4:57 PM) Reply
I love the gloves. I have had this pattern for quite some time but have not had the courage to try it . After seeing your review I may give it a try.
Athene said... (2/5/08 4:57 PM) Reply
CSM--Carla said... (2/5/08 4:19 PM) Reply
Interesting! I may never make gloves but your review was very encouraging that I COULD make them if I wanted to! LOVE your photograph! Thanks for sharing.
AnnieInNYC said... (2/5/08 3:58 PM) Reply
Your gloves are beautiful. I've always wanted to make some, but have been scared off by other reviews. Think I'll give this pattern a try.
Vintage Joan said... (2/5/08 2:45 PM) Reply
Wow, I never would have thought of making gloves, but these are fabulous! :)

Alabama Chanin Alabama Chanin Tee