Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2007-101

Posted on:2/6/08 11:00 AM
Last Updated:2/6/08 11:05 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 15 people

Bonnie O said... (2/12/08 9:09 PM) Reply
That is a wonderful dress. I missed this design in the August issue. I will have to revisit!
Nancywin said... (2/7/08 4:04 PM) Reply
I have loved this ever since I saw it in the magazine. Yours looks absolutely beautiful. and how brave you are to do it in a bold plaid. Nice job.
Marji said... (2/7/08 9:41 AM) Reply
Very nicely done. Great work on the plaid, and the dress is really cute on you.
patrica said... (2/7/08 9:38 AM) Reply
Very nice dress, very trendy.You look great in it. Great job matching the plaids.
Squeezylemon said... (2/7/08 4:34 AM) Reply
Fab dress and will look wonderful on you at the wedding! Thanks for a great review, may consider this myself now....
KathleenS said... (2/7/08 4:15 AM) Reply
I'd forgotten about this pattern! Good work with the plaid.
Sigrid. said... (2/7/08 2:04 AM) Reply
This is a cute dress, lovely on you. And the plaids are so good with it.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (2/6/08 11:49 PM) Reply
thank you avan cleve re the bias strips...seemed kinda silly in the instructions. That slash and spread in the sleeves is really nice. May i borrow it? Hope mine turns out even half as good as yours!
avancleve said... (2/6/08 7:33 PM) Reply
I did not change the pattern at all, as far as the bubble skirt is concerned. When I had it sewed up, I didn't like the way the bubble looked so I took the lining and the dress apart at the bottom and just did a regular hem and it looked better. I also forgot to mendion I did not add the bias strips to the sleeves either. I did not see the need as the dress is lined, and adding bias to the sleeves would just add extra work. For the sleeves I did a slash and spread.
lilyofthevalley said... (2/6/08 5:49 PM) Reply
The changes you've made add to the charm of this dress. It fits you perfectly and really enhances your slim petite figure. Your plaid matchings are superb. Thanks for the review. -Lily
CynthiaSue said... (2/6/08 5:43 PM) Reply
this is adorable!
LindsayT said... (2/6/08 5:06 PM) Reply
Very saucy dress!
Pinkhibiscus said... (2/6/08 4:22 PM) Reply
I've been wanting to make this dress! thanks for sharing your dress :) it turned out really nice!
Mahogany Stylist said... (2/6/08 3:56 PM) Reply
Cute dress. Basting the pieces together was well worth it.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (2/6/08 3:35 PM) Reply
I am so glad you made this lovely dress, it looks so FAB. I am planning on making it too and was so happy to see your review and great results. Bravo re the plaid ! I also am ditching those front pockets ....duuh!!.... and funny bubble. Love your sleeve variation...did you just slash and spread sleeve hem? Did you line ? Probably with the wool. Did you follow their suggestions re bias on sleeve armseye edges? That seems tricky to me...thanks for your help!
Deepika said... (2/6/08 2:01 PM) Reply
Perfect matching and a lovely dress. You did a great job. I like your dress more than the one pictured in the magazine. It would look great as a top too. Would love to see it when you make it up.
Linda G said... (2/6/08 1:45 PM) Reply
Very cute, I have looked at that pattern but I am way too old for the balloon skirt, I was thinking of morping the lining pattern onto the top of the dress so that the bottom was the width that the lining was intended to be...is that what you did?
greenandlilac said... (2/6/08 1:01 PM) Reply
This dress is very cute. I am short too so I make all of my skirts either above the knee or mid knee or past the biggest point of my calf. Otherwise I just look stumpy.
greenandlilac said... (2/6/08 1:01 PM) Reply
nicegirl said... (2/6/08 11:48 AM) Reply
You are crazy to make this one in plaid! (In a good way, of course.) This came out really cute!
yorkshire lass said... (2/6/08 11:36 AM) Reply
Cute dress. You did such a good job with the plaid too.
Mermie said... (2/6/08 11:24 AM) Reply
Darling dress and great job with the plaid.
CharityAK said... (2/6/08 11:07 AM) Reply
I don't know how this dress could not look great, you're so stinking cute! Love the shape of the dress and the use of plaid. Fabulous results.
gatorgirl4325 said... (2/6/08 11:06 AM) Reply
Lovely dress - I really like the plaid you used!

by: acmena