Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3678 (Threads Knit Dress)

Reviewed by:EveS

About EveSstarstarstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 11/26/06

Best Patterns of 2008
Posted on:2/9/08 1:53 AM
Last Updated:2/10/08 0:44 AM

Caitycat said... (5/15/08 8:55 AM) Reply
Thanks especially for the advice about the back gathers - I will be sure to check this in the muslin!
Bettsi said... (2/22/08 6:41 PM) Reply
So awesome! It looks great and your review is super helpful! Thanks so much!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/11/08 2:04 PM) Reply
Your usual humor made this review a joy to read. Great looking and good plan to impose darts on the back - always a polished addition. You could go 'good girl' or 'bad girl' with this design, as the mood strikes. Thanks. -Lily
gatorgirl4325 said... (2/11/08 12:10 PM) Reply
I love your dress - it spans the seasons and the fit is fabulous!!
cmarie12 said... (2/10/08 3:18 PM) Reply
I like your fabric choice - very pretty! And I like the jumper sleeveless and with the shortsleeve tee! Nice job!
michellep74 said... (2/10/08 12:30 PM) Reply
Very cute jumper! It's very flattering and stylish looking on you. Thanks for the heads up about replacing the back gathers with darts!
loohoo44 said... (2/10/08 11:20 AM) Reply
Eve this turned out great, your modifications really improve the look of the jumper. congrats!
Kaitlinnegan said... (2/10/08 10:28 AM) Reply
Your jumper-dress looks great! You are brave to attempt this in a woven fabric - I wouldn't have known where to start with sizing. I am very impressed with your results!
cindy-lou said... (2/10/08 9:13 AM) Reply
Eve, another GREEAT garment and GREAT review. I love this jumper and want to make one like it! Good call on the darts, too-- Nancywin still calls me DartGirl b/c of my love of doing this...!
Huldra said... (2/10/08 4:19 AM) Reply
I think your dress looks great! Especially with short sleeves, very flattering! Just a minor detail that I hope will be helpful to you - if you look at the plaid you can see that the horizontal lines are higher in front, and that the side seams swing forward, likely because of your sway back. I have the opposite problem because of my big butt. :) It is easily solved by removing some length in the back. Not that anyone who is not sewing would notice!

Sew Liberated Sunday Picnic Blouse and Dress