Pattern Reviews> Other> 2008 Wardrobe Contest (Wardrobe Contest 2008)

Work in Progress Work in Progress
Reviewed by:causticmuse

About causticmusestar
FL USA
Member since: 12/2/06
Posted on:2/9/08 8:01 PM
Last Updated:2/18/08 8:20 AM

snapdragonfly said... (2/25/08 5:54 AM) Reply
Sassy and avant. I love your choices and your plans name. Definately looking forward to the finished collection.
Hilary said... (2/19/08 8:57 PM) Reply
What a fabulous wardrobe you have planned!! I love the concept-no new stuff-you're so strong!! LOL-and I can't wait to see how everything comes together. Your sketches are great-very well done!
Stephenie said... (2/18/08 5:08 PM) Reply
Love your pattern choices and your colors. Can't wait to see the jacket, skort and pants in the boucle!
KrystalL said... (2/18/08 8:13 AM) Reply
Your plan looks really exciting! I can't wait to see fleshed out. Good luck!
Dale C said... (2/16/08 11:19 PM) Reply
Beautiful wardrobe. I have a laptop bag pattern similar to that one and wanted to make one soon too. Gonna wait for your review.
pterion said... (2/15/08 2:58 PM) Reply
I love the creativity of your wardrobe plan. Great idea to use stash and recycle clothes.
causticmuse said... (2/11/08 4:55 PM) Reply
Lucy - Thanks! I used Adobe Photoshop to assemble my storyboard from scans of my sketches and two out of print pattern envelopes, downloaded technical line drawings of patterns that were still in print (got those from PR and the pattern company web sites), and digital photos of my fabrics. It probably took me 45 minutes or so.
Lucy in Virginia said... (2/11/08 1:22 PM) Reply
Cant' wait to see these sewn up. Lovely color choices. How did you create your storyboard? With a software program?
KathleenS said... (2/11/08 2:53 AM) Reply
I really like your sketches too - they look designer-y! I like your plan and look forward to seeing the results (and it's fun the recycling you're doing!)
causticmuse said... (2/10/08 4:58 PM) Reply
Lily - Thank you for your input. I may still make some changes along the way, but I was more careful than usual about matching my fabrics to the patterns they are best suited for. Berniejh - Thanks! I will do my best to get everything done this time. I need the clothes! Shrazzy - I am going to LOVE wearing those big bell sleeves...though putting the narrow hem on the blouse is going to bring a tear to my eye. sewbehind - My sketches are nothing to write home about, but those 2" tall doodles helped me choose the patterns in my plan, so I felt that they deserved a spot on my storyboard.
sewbehind said... (2/10/08 11:53 AM) Reply
I admire your resolve. Look forward to the finished wardrobe. Your sketching is very nice.
Shrazzy said... (2/10/08 8:14 AM) Reply
Looks like a well-thought out plan. Can't wait to see the blouse and the jacket! I admire your resolve--you're more than half-way through your year.
Berniejh said... (2/9/08 10:28 PM) Reply
This looks SO interesting, looking forward to seeing them completed
lilyofthevalley said... (2/9/08 8:18 PM) Reply
Very senuous colors combined with unique textured fabrics, and your pattern selections are well suited. Look forward to seeing your completed garments. Good luck in the contest. -Lily

Understanding Sheer Fabrics