Pattern Reviews> Other> Wardrobe Contest 2008 (Mint Chocolate Surprise)

Reviewed by:AquariJenn

About AquariJennstar
Member since: 11/9/05
Posted on:4/30/08 10:00 PM

EveS said... (5/10/08 11:03 PM) Reply
What an inspiring maternity wardrobe! It looks like your pieces will carry you thru the remainder of your pregnancy and perhaps beyond (which for me was just as much of a pain in terms of finding clothes to fit). Great job!! Congratulations, too!! :)
AnneM said... (5/9/08 8:18 PM) Reply
Wonderful wardrobe. Much nicer than owrkout clothes and yoga pants. Definitely worth making a wardrobe, and with this approach you know you have a lot of wearing options.
Stitchcakes said... (5/3/08 11:19 AM) Reply
Beautiful job!
SewTwin said... (5/2/08 0:43 AM) Reply
Coool!You have a much better wardrobe than I did, when I was pregnant years ago..
KathleenS said... (5/1/08 6:01 AM) Reply
Looks great. I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of it.
Sherril Miller said... (4/20/08 11:40 AM) Reply
I must have stolen your idea of brown and green. I've named my wardrobe Chocolate Mints. I love the maternity patterns you are using.
CynthiaSue said... (4/20/08 1:01 AM) Reply
Congratulations!! and yes, this is SUCH a good idea. I thought of doing it myself but I'm taking forever to get pregnant and now I can just copy yours!
moss said... (3/6/08 10:36 AM) Reply
Awesome! I'm pregnant too and I love your wardrobe plan!!
Heatherrique said... (3/6/08 0:06 AM) Reply
Wonderful wardrobe for the stylin' mother-to-be!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/5/08 9:26 PM) Reply
Excellent Wardrobe on a pretty storyboard. I positively love your mint green inspiration fabric; this isn't the fabric you ran short of, is it? That would be tragic. All of your pieces will be so attractive with the fabrics chosen. -Lily
Stephenie said... (2/18/08 5:40 PM) Reply
Congratulations on your pregnancy! Your wardrobe looks beautiful and your color choices!
Birdie757 said... (2/13/08 7:56 AM) Reply
Wow, what a great idea to do a maternity swap! I really wish I would have picked up sewing before I had dd. If I am pregnant again I will probably steal your swap ;) Can't wait to see the finished product.
AquariJenn said... (2/12/08 5:02 PM) Reply
Thank you all for your nice comments. This was my first computerized storyboard. I always just sketch out my ideas, but wanted to try something different this time. For most of the pictures I either copied the pictures from the Kwik Sew/Simplicity websites or scanned in the line drawing from the pattern. Kwik Sew does not include plain line drawings with their patterns, so I just had to modify the pictures as best I could with MS Paint (I don't have Adobe Photoshop on my computer at present.) I couldn't do anything with that bright pink/red shirt. It's going to be white and the blue shirt...I don't know what color it will be yet. I'm definitely leaning toward making a bag, but I've been wanting to make this hat for a year now. I'll keep you posted!
Sherril Miller said... (2/12/08 4:39 PM) Reply
A maternity wardrobe. What a great idea. Since we tend not to get too many maternity clothese having a mix and match set will keep your wardrobe from being too boring.
sew42mom said... (2/12/08 9:22 AM) Reply
I love your story board and the name of it! Congratulations on your pregnancy and have fun sewing it.
causticmuse said... (2/12/08 8:26 AM) Reply
Very cool storyboard, too. Did you paint it on the computer?
causticmuse said... (2/12/08 7:51 AM) Reply
This is going to be a true contradiction: Cute and Maternity in on wardrobe! ;) Congratulations on your pregnancy, and I look forward to seeing your wardrobe as it progresses!
Shrazzy said... (2/12/08 6:53 AM) Reply
Great plan! You'll certainly have motivation to finish, and it will be a very cute wardrobe. Congratulations!
Mel.J said... (2/12/08 6:00 AM) Reply
Congratulations! I love the colours. Why don't you sew a bag that you can use in the future for carting all the miscellaneous baby needs?? Baby bags is a pet peeve of mine, they either scream 'BABY BAG' or are really pricey.
KathleenS said... (2/12/08 4:28 AM) Reply
I like your plan and it's very practical to do a wardrobe plan for maternity because you'll be wearing them a lot but by mixing and matching you'll have a variety of outfits.
MelissaB in WA said... (2/12/08 0:07 AM) Reply
What a great SWAP you have planned! Congratulations on your pregnancy - enjoy it and your new wardrobe!!!

Marion Magazine 07-1959-8536