Pattern Reviews> Burda> 7856 (Coat)

Reviewed by:Beek

About Beekstar
Member since: 1/29/07
Posted on:2/26/08 5:22 PM
Last Updated:2/26/08 5:22 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
CathrynR said... (1/23/12 4:55 AM) Reply
Nice job. Is that a blue and black plaid (vs black and white). I love the combination of blue/black, or blue/navy. I agree also about roomy coats, and am working my way up to one. I know you will enjoy your coat in your cold weather area, congratulations.
Nancy K said... (2/27/08 6:28 PM) Reply
Nicely done. The plaid is perfect.
Lucy in Virginia said... (2/27/08 4:42 PM) Reply
Lovely coat!
Modiste Madness said... (2/27/08 8:55 AM) Reply
What a fun coat. I am with you on the loose outer coat thing. There is nothing worse than it being freezing cold.... and having on layers of too tight jackets/coats.
ColorMeHome said... (2/27/08 0:53 AM) Reply
Beautiful coat! The fabric is perfect for the pattern. You did a terrific job!
lilyofthevalley said... (2/27/08 0:12 AM) Reply
Oh, darn; double post; sorry. -Lily
lilyofthevalley said... (2/27/08 0:12 AM) Reply
Besides being utterly beautiful, your coat is sophisticated, distinctive and so intentional. Your directional placement of the dominant tracks of your plaid are showcasing the architect in you. The designer buttons are breathtaking and well worth the expense. (When your time permits, please don't forget to instruct us in the Spanish Snap Buttonholes, which are so intriguing. Would also love to see the Bobbie Carr patch pocket installation.) I love your coat! -Lily
mssewcrazy said... (2/26/08 9:45 PM) Reply
I am impressed you tackled that plaid like a pro. What a nice jacket that is you have made.
j222b said... (2/26/08 9:10 PM) Reply
Educational review, thanks.
leanmeansewingmachine said... (2/26/08 8:33 PM) Reply
Beautiful coat, fabric, buttons, wow!
CShelley said... (2/26/08 6:54 PM) Reply
Great job with the plaid. I agree with you on roomy coats. I hate having sausage arms!
LindsayT said... (2/26/08 6:32 PM) Reply
Fantastic coat! Is there any way we can persuade you to add some detail shots? C'mon, you architects love the details....