Online Sewing Class: Sewing Basics

Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2953 (Camp Shirt)

Reviewed by:CarrieA

About CarrieAstar
Member since: 4/8/02
Posted on:11/21/05 7:08 AM
Last Updated:5/15/03 5:45 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
cynthia w said... (6/18/04 9:17 PM) Reply
I was just browsing these old pattern reviews and noticed your beautiful pink camp shirt made from Egyptian cotton at joanns. I have made a camp shirt also out of the EXACT same fabric from joanns. Great minds think alike......
joana said... (1/7/04 4:03 AM) Reply
Australian stitches vol.10 no2 has an article with variations in the use of the pattern. Good photos. Joana
Irene said... (6/4/03 5:59 PM) Reply
Carrie, the shirts look professionally made! Thanks to you and Mini for comments on the video. I am surprised and delighted to find that the video in my public library's catalog. I'm heading over there now; I could use an update on 40-year-old shirtmaking methods.
Skymom said... (5/16/03 10:58 AM) Reply
Your shirts are great! I have to say I think the shirts video is almost a miracle--I, too, was able to get really good results on a shirt after watching it just once, and in just a few hours. Very impressive for a so-called beginner--I agree, you should re-rate yourself!
AnneM said... (5/16/03 9:51 AM) Reply
P.S. I went through the same thing when my DH2B gave me a sewing machine - I didn't use it for 6 months until I went to take lessons. Now I am sewing my wedding dress!
AnneM said... (5/16/03 9:48 AM) Reply
Love the shirt, love the color. Isn't it true on the fabric affecting fit! Congratulations on the shirt, and thanks for the great review & mentioning what you used to help you. Sounds like both a good pattern and a good video.
Everyday Sewist said... (5/16/03 9:38 AM) Reply
I think you can take yourself out of the beginner category now! :) Congratulations on two great shirts.
Lori V said... (5/16/03 1:19 AM) Reply
Carrie, cute blouses, I have the same fun rayon print made up in a blouse. great job on your sewing skills
Mbarkle said... (5/15/03 11:15 PM) Reply
Carrie, these are very nice. I think my ASG library has these videos -- need to check one out. I love the cafe shirt -- where did you get the fun fabric? Rayon is so cool in the summer.
Lisette said... (5/15/03 9:57 PM) Reply
Excellent work!
Mini said... (5/15/03 6:13 PM) Reply
The Islander shirts video is must for anyone learning to sew shirts. Yours turned out great, and with a lot less stress than doing it without the video. Congratulations!
Lou. said... (5/15/03 5:58 PM) Reply