Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Textile Studio> 1003 (Soho Pant)

Reviewed by:kkkkaty

About kkkkatystarstarstar
UT USA
Member since: 12/7/05
Posted on:3/6/08 9:29 PM
Last Updated:3/6/08 9:55 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Annette1 said... (3/9/08 5:27 AM) Reply
Boy, what a timely and helpful review this is. Just last night I was mulling over a pair of pants very much along these lines, and I forgot I even had this pattern. :o) Yours have turned out so nicely. They really are flattering, and that fabric just looks SOOOOOO soft and has a nice drape to it, too.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/7/08 12:41 PM) Reply
Excellent review, and thanks for showing your pattern alterations. You've gotten a nice fit but I think you're correct in moving down a size in your next pair. Great pants. -Lily
carolynw said... (3/7/08 8:29 AM) Reply
Katy these look very, very nice - all your fitting work sure paid off - I have been looking at this pattern and wondering so thanks for your very helpful review
Patti B said... (3/6/08 11:29 PM) Reply
I'm another fan of this pattern -- and am wearing Sohos right now! Yes, do go down a size and you will look smashing. (You look good now but smashing is definitely in your future.) Don't you just love the smoothness at the waist?
kkkkaty said... (3/6/08 10:30 PM) Reply
Karla, I referred to your review while I was making these.... I hope they also become a TNT pattern for me!
Karla Kizer said... (3/6/08 9:55 PM) Reply
This is one of my favorite patterns. I've reworked it over the years to adapt to my general shapelessness and preference for a straight/bootcut leg. I got the best results when I reduced the width of the waist darts (to enlarge the waist) and made the hip fairly slim-fitting. The crotch curve is great, isn't it?

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2005-101B