Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5053 (Jacket with Scarf Collar)

Reviewed by:mis_priss

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

Aunt Gail said... (6/14/08 11:54 PM) Reply
I am just starting off on my first Connie Crawford/Butterick. I couldn't find the pattern already reviewed so I dug around our web site and found your review. Thank you so much for taking the time to really discuss the pros and cons of this particular pattern and Connie's approach in general. You look pretty good in these pants, so whatever all you did must have worked out. Regarding the flat butt syndrome, the easiest adjustment to make is to gradually grade one to two inches off the top part of the back pants pattern. I just keep nipping away on them until they fit. Hope this makes some sense as a suggestion! Hugs and keep on reviewing!
Annette1 said... (3/10/08 0:28 AM) Reply
FANTASTIC pair of pants and so flattering on you. Boy, once I find a pants pattern I like, I make a LOT of them, and I think you should do just that with this pattern. :o) I have one wide-leg pattern that I like in particular, and each time I'm drawn to yet ANOTHER wide-leg pants pattern, I have to ask myself, "WHY are you getting this, when you KNOW you like that other you've already altered?" :o) Great review and great pants! (By the way, I wish I had the guts to get a breast reduction, but I won't even go in to get my hay fever pills refilled, so it's unlikely.)
Irene Q said... (3/8/08 10:57 AM) Reply
Congratulations - I'm so happy these patterns work for you!!! I've heard of people using a smaller size pattern in the back, maybe you could try that next time. If you have a digital camera, come on over to the plus size area of the message board and we'll be more than happy to help you out! Hey, you don't even need a camera, although it does make things easier.

by: Jstarr4250