Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 08-2007-127 (Jeans)

Reviewed by:juliette2

About juliette2star
Member since: 6/18/03
Posted on:3/9/08 0:23 AM
Last Updated:3/12/08 7:26 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

ignutzz said... (11/6/08 2:48 PM) Reply
Well, I'm inspired! I have the exact same fitting issues that you do and finding pants or jeans that fit well is impossible. The one fit suggestion I would make is to add a bit of width from the widest part of your hip on down. Pants look best on pear figures when they hang straight down from the hip (but that doesn't necessarily mean you have to do super wide legs, just give the illusion) because it deemphasizes the hip curve.
juliette2 said... (4/28/08 8:48 AM) Reply
jhansby, thank you very much for that fitting tip! I'll try it next time I make these jeans. It sounds like the right solution!
jhansby said... (3/27/08 11:05 PM) Reply
I'm working on my own jeans and checking out reviews...this is a nice pattern!! You review is asking about the wrinkles that appear in the back?....I just took Peggy Sagers' seminar at Puyallup and she covered this very thing (I have the same problem). It's caused by the crotch line curve being too long. If you make a horizontal pleat in your pattern starting at CB and going to nothing at the side seam this will fix it. You may then have a curve like a "wedgie" that is too high, so then you drop your crotch depth line. It was pretty cool to see her pull people from the audience and fix this issue on so many.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/14/08 1:16 AM) Reply
Oh, Juliette, these jeans look wonderful on you. I'm no fitting expert and so cannot comment on potential tweakings, but I really love the way they fit you. Make many, many more. -Lily
Sherril Miller said... (3/13/08 8:01 PM) Reply
I have an odd shaped yoke too for my TNT jeans pattern. The yoke is a great fitting tool and I'm glad you got these to work. Now you can make a ton in interesting colors.
Patti B said... (3/12/08 8:36 PM) Reply
Amazing jeans! Great job. I agree with Jane to try folding out some of the back thigh length, but, really, if you found jeans in RTW that fit like these, you'd buy every pair!
Sewing Jane said... (3/12/08 9:47 AM) Reply
You are so lucky! Those jeans look really great. In answer to your question about scooping the back some more, try folding some length out of the leg between the upper thigh and the knee. To me, they look just a little long there. You should be really proud of them.
squirrellypoo said... (3/12/08 9:00 AM) Reply
These look great! It's so worth it when you finally get a great fitting pair that make YOU feel like a million dollars! I use a BWOF pattern as my TNT jeans/trousers pattern, too.
Becky Coleman said... (3/12/08 7:41 AM) Reply
They look super! Figure-hugging and comfortable. Great job.

BurdaStyle Magazine 04-2008-116