Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1018 (Misses' Skirt)

Reviewed by:DorothyK

About DorothyKstarstarstarstar
CA United States
Member since: 3/13/06
Posted on:3/11/08 3:59 PM
Last Updated:3/11/08 4:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 20 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Bonnie123 said... (9/30/11 9:21 AM) Reply
Fantastic!
elyoung said... (3/26/10 10:51 AM) Reply
Love the idea of using an elastic band, instead of installing a zipper. Way easier! Thanks for the tip. Now I'm more likely to make this skirt. Thanks for sharing.
SoCal sewing girl said... (8/24/09 10:17 PM) Reply
Okay ladies, you've convinced me! But I shall have to wait to buy that price of pattern...well, I guess I could pinch a bit here & there from the grocery budget... It looks fabulous on all 3 of the reviewers.
sewtime said... (10/30/08 10:41 PM) Reply
Very pretty skirt! I am going to go ahead and pick up this pattern. Thank you for the review!
Yvonski said... (9/16/08 7:51 PM) Reply
Great review. I'm about now going to cut this our in a black poly knit. The pattern pieces are so huge it is quite daunting, but your review has given me encouragement.
Susannah_sews said... (7/3/08 0:48 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, Dorothy. I have just bought the pattern, and have been thinking carefully about what bits of my stash will go into it. You don't mention whether you lined the skirt - I assume not.
Roxxygrl said... (4/17/08 7:37 AM) Reply
Very interesting skirt and it looks great on you. Thanks for reviewing this one, it's very striking.
Barbara V said... (3/21/08 8:59 PM) Reply
Creative, unique...what a wonderful looking skirt. The tucks look tricky, but you proved they are very do-able! It looks great on you.
Ann Smith said... (3/17/08 2:53 PM) Reply
What a terrific skirt! It looks fabulous on you. I'm so glad that extra bit of fabric I had made it work. Can't wait to make this one myself.
cindy-lou said... (3/16/08 7:46 PM) Reply
Oh, thank you or tis review! I saw a versionof this made up in a printd dupioni. Boy, did it make me want to make this one! Thanks for going first and giving the rest of us courage. Yours is really great!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/14/08 0:15 AM) Reply
Excellent review for your lighthearted, artsy skirt that will catch the eye no matter where you go. I really, really like it and think it would be equally outstanding in gauze. -Lily
KiwiWendy said... (3/13/08 10:08 PM) Reply
I think your skirt is much nicer than the pattern envelope one! the difference must be the fabric used. Well done :-)
carolynw said... (3/12/08 5:46 PM) Reply
Beautiful skirt and a very helpful review!
Athene said... (3/12/08 3:50 AM) Reply
You look fabulous - the skirt looks so interesting and the color is great. I like SB patterns but have stayed away from this one fearing that it would be too complicated - now after your review I may have to add this to my wishlist.
narcissaqtpie said... (3/11/08 9:34 PM) Reply
beautiful. I have been curious about this one.
Mahler said... (3/11/08 9:28 PM) Reply
I loooovvvvveeee that skirt. this is so original. You look great, great, great with that. This skirt was designed for you.
Annette1 said... (3/11/08 5:57 PM) Reply
Really, really nice. I have this pattern too, so I'm particularly glad to see it made up and to see that it looks just as nice in person as it does on the pattern photo. 66 tucks! I'll have to save up lots of patience!
CarolynGM said... (3/11/08 5:44 PM) Reply
Now this skirt is really cute and unique! I wondered when someone would try that pattern and review it. But 66 tucks! Gracious.
Nancy Anne said... (3/11/08 4:35 PM) Reply
What a unique skirt! Looks very well done, and you have the figure for it!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS