Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2975 (Vogue Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:3/16/08 4:05 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Suits / Separates    Pants    Skirts

Other Projects by Annette1 using this Pattern

cheesemonkey said... (3/3/09 12:41 PM) Reply
Your modifications, plus the crepe fabric (as opposed to the misguided gabardine they used in the photo) make this jacket fabulous! You are a genius.
Aunt Gail said... (2/6/09 7:54 AM) Reply
i have viewed this so often...and never leave a note so this time I shall. Tne plaid trim and the jacket are jus tfine, fine things ..it is making me want to delve STRAIGHT back into sewin. Those toggle cosure are absoluely precios. thanks for sharing it with us.
Mufffet said... (6/3/08 9:39 AM) Reply
I am in love with this jacket...it is a knockout. :) I think it looks terrific on you, and I saw the darker grey kacet as well and it is just lovely. :) Great reviews too.
sewbright said... (5/14/08 5:03 PM) Reply
Great Job!
Lucy in Virginia said... (3/21/08 12:22 PM) Reply
Wow! Your jacket is beautiful! Love the plaid trim and toggles. Great review. I wouldn't have given this one a second look from the picture on the envelope, but your right the back details are very interesting. Lesson: Always look at the line drawing, too!
Winifred said... (3/17/08 8:02 PM) Reply
Lovely jacket and lively colour. Beautiful execution tho' perhaps not the toggles for me.
Birgitte said... (3/17/08 5:29 PM) Reply
Okay, you are now officially my Jacket Hero. So meticulous, so sublime... Your review is a "How To Make A Jacket, A-Z, That Will Make Heads Turn".
Peggy L said... (3/17/08 12:42 PM) Reply
I love the red and brown together. Another winning jacket!!!
Karine said... (3/17/08 9:36 AM) Reply
I love brown and red, too, and your jacket is exceptional. The ruffle and toggle really make it unique and designer-esque! Thanks for the detailed review - very informative.
ITAdmin said... (3/17/08 6:23 AM) Reply
Another great review and jacket. I especially like the ruffle.
Danvillegirl said... (3/17/08 6:01 AM) Reply
Great looking jacket. So much detailed work. It all paid off.
Margie T said... (3/17/08 0:46 AM) Reply
Great review! Beautiful jacket!
Kbenco said... (3/16/08 7:57 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks gorgeous, and this is a great, very helpful review. I was most interested to read about your sleeve heading, with your clear pictures, as I have just eased a jacket sleeve with a bias strip, then basted in separate headings, following the instructions in a jacket making book, in which the author is not nearly as good at explanations. Your one step process looks much easier, and I will try it next time. Thank you
hongkongshopper said... (3/16/08 5:54 PM) Reply
Great jacket and wonderful review. Your Flickr album is great too! Thanks
sewbehind said... (3/16/08 4:18 PM) Reply
I like the way you added your own spin to this jacket. Great colour and like the toggles.
Grammy Gin said... (3/16/08 4:14 PM) Reply
You look great in this Annette! Great review, as usual....nicely done details - you know what to use & where to spice up any pattern....you are so very creative! ;) T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C !
HeyJane said... (3/16/08 3:41 PM) Reply
Amazing review. I will be shamelessly copying your ruffling ideas for a vogue 7975. Your coat is absolutely beautiful.
Erica B. said... (3/16/08 2:45 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! I love the leather toggles!
Sigrid. said... (3/16/08 2:33 PM) Reply
Oh, those ruffles are gorgeous. I'm going to do that sometime (or try to be first to steal this beautiful jacket from you before the other two ladies do!). Very helpful review.
frame said... (3/16/08 2:17 PM) Reply
Your jacket looks great! What a wonderful review full of helpful tips including new fitting standards. "Your jacket looks wonderful, BUT can you play pool in it?" :D
lilyofthevalley said... (3/16/08 12:27 PM) Reply
Reading your exquisite review is like following the cogitations of a Jacket Genius. Coco Chanel had nothing on you ... well, maybe she would have sewn the flannel ruffle right side up the first time. The jacket itself? I'm deeply in covetous love with it. Marjenann and I come from the same general area; maybe we could carpool on a joint heist and set up a shared custody arrangement. Brava, Annette! I bow to Greatness. -Lily
Beek said... (3/16/08 10:44 AM) Reply
Wonderful review and it looks so professional. Love the color red!
LindsayT said... (3/16/08 10:25 AM) Reply
Nice work! I'm a sucker for red jackets. Every woman needs at least one, right?
Heatherrique said... (3/16/08 10:18 AM) Reply
Love the vibrant red and the stunning style of this jacket, Annette! I also adore either collar on you! So versatile!
Kay Y said... (3/16/08 9:43 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket and very helpful review with photos. I may have to buy this pattern...
Riordan said... (3/16/08 9:18 AM) Reply
Very pretty--love the lines of the jacket, and your work is impeccable! Very helpful review! I AM buying this pattern (regardless of fasting resolutions)!
marjenann said... (3/16/08 9:10 AM) Reply
Annette, please stop this "gorgeousness". I may have to come out there and steal this one!! That double crepe really made a spectacular jacket! I want it, I need it! Annette
Marji said... (3/16/08 8:35 AM) Reply
I too like this version. At first glance I thought the ruffle was probably one of those plaid taffeta's, was really surprised to hear that it is a flannel. It lays really nicely. I like the button loops underneath and think they probably will make the closure more secure. What a great idea to make the sleeves on the bias.
Karen8320 said... (3/16/08 8:08 AM) Reply
Annette, you've done a superb job with this jacket! It is absolutely gorgeous! I always love the different accents you add to your sewing to give each garment a really individual look. You are a very creative sewist! Once again, your review is fantastic and so wonderfully detailed and helpful. Great work!
cindy-lou said... (3/16/08 7:39 AM) Reply
Beautifully inspiring! I love what you have done here. Thanks for the wonderful review!
CarolynGM said... (3/16/08 7:35 AM) Reply
What an outstanding review! Your alterations worked well as the jacket looks like a perfect fit.
bluenines said... (3/16/08 6:53 AM) Reply
very nice jacket, love the plaid trim thank you for a great review!
didda said... (3/16/08 4:23 AM) Reply
very pretty! i usually wear black with red, but now you have me thinking about pairing red with brown. nice combination.

by: 3kids1036