Online Sewing Class: Altering Jackets

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2675 (Little Vogue Christening Dress)

Reviewed by:GollyGolly

About GollyGolly
GA USA
Member since: 12/27/06
Posted on:3/21/08 12:39 PM
Last Updated:3/24/08 12:35 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 12 people
See other patterns in this category: Baby clothes

j6 said... (5/14/08 7:37 PM) Reply
CCBsMama said... (5/4/08 0:27 AM) Reply
How lucky my daughter was to wear such a beautiful dress on her big debut. She is so lucky to have such a talented Madre and one proud Great Granddaddy. (And the picture def shows how very advanced she is. ;))
Mahler said... (4/16/08 8:46 PM) Reply
This is simply magnificient !
WoodfordGormley said... (4/12/08 8:16 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful. What more can I say? This is gorgeous, and so is your granddaughter.
Liane M said... (3/25/08 5:33 AM) Reply
The gown is wonderful. This is the first review that has left tears in my eyes after reading. I can only imagine that future generations will be amazed and touched by the love you put in to this gorgeous dress. Catherine Claire looks like an angel.
CA Eisenhour said... (3/25/08 0:42 AM) Reply
GG, a truly exquisite christening ensemble. Your embroidery is remarkable and outstanding! I just adore the photo of Grand-Dad and his Sweet Angel. You are a blessed talented woman. Welcome to PR and congratulations on your first review.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/25/08 0:27 AM) Reply
Oh my, this is so breathtakingly beautiful that I got a little wiggly inside oohing and aahing over the exquisite details of this christening ensemble. I believe you put your heart and soul into this work of Art. Good grief! This is your first review! And in fact, this accomplishment is all you need ever contribute to the world! Glorious! -Lily
Elona said... (3/24/08 7:07 PM) Reply
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful! To have done this lovely work with such love and mindfulness of the future--much praise to you, Madame!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (3/24/08 3:11 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!! What an heirloom!!
GollyGolly said... (3/24/08 1:53 PM) Reply
My cup runs over with gratitude! For all who have been following the metamorphosis of this review on the boards, I have Deepika to thank for getting rid of all the craziness in the text. Thank you to all who have posted here. Kindness abounds at PR.
cindy-lou said... (3/24/08 12:52 PM) Reply
The only thing that could possibly be more beautiful than your gown is your grandchild. Congratulations, and wonderful work!
AnneMarie60 said... (3/24/08 12:43 PM) Reply
Perfection! These heirloom pieces are truly special and your embroidery is flawless. Catherine Claire is precious.
wvsher said... (3/24/08 11:56 AM) Reply
How perfectly lovely. Thank you for sharing this labor of love, its history, and especially for the christening photo.
Em's Summer said... (3/23/08 3:36 PM) Reply
What an amazingly beautiful christening set! You did a great job! Great review, too! Also, there's always a learning curve for anything new, so don't be hard on yourself. You really did a great job with the set and with this review!
khurtdvm said... (3/22/08 10:50 AM) Reply
What a beautiful christening gown. This will definitely be an heirloom to be cherished in your family.
Puddin Pop said... (3/22/08 5:35 AM) Reply
The fuchsia and rosettes are unbelievably gorgeous. The embroidery is breathtaking. What a seamstress you are! I didn't think it could get any better until I saw your granddaugter wearing it. This was such a joy to read. Thanks for sharing.
inkstain said... (3/22/08 4:32 AM) Reply
Well, bless your family and long live both the gown and all the babies who will wear it. A loveyly work of art. Thanks for sharing all the sewing details, and photos.
GollyGolly said... (3/21/08 4:45 PM) Reply
Thanks ya'll. I have asked for help straightening this review out. With luck, pity will be taken on me. I feel like such an idiot !!!
cabinbaby said... (3/21/08 4:40 PM) Reply
Wow, what love, caring, and beautiful craftsmanship. I can see all of the links.
said... (3/21/08 2:53 PM) Reply
You're getting there! I can see 3 of the pictures... and Oh my! How breathtakingly beautiful. What a blessing to be able to give such a cherished gift. And really great review too!
GollyGolly said... (3/21/08 1:51 PM) Reply
Hi everybody, this is my first review and I am having major photo issues. I am at the tears state but I will get it fixed. I hope! Thanks for your understanding. Gail
dreamdesigner said... (3/21/08 12:58 PM) Reply
Since I'm a BIG heirloom sewing fan, I'd love to see the gown, Alas the only link working is the last one.

No Pattern Used Doggie Wrap