Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Indygo Junction> IJ604 (Mismatched Medley)

Reviewed by:Modiste Madness

About Modiste Madnessstar
WI USA
Posted on:5/23/03 6:06 PM
Last Updated:2/10/09 11:16 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
cboots said... (2/10/09 10:49 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket. I love your fabric choices, and the custom closures are genius!
Peggy L said... (2/10/09 4:09 PM) Reply
Very creative! Great closures.
Vintage Joan said... (2/10/09 3:06 PM) Reply
Beautiful!! :)
Irene said... (2/10/09 2:30 PM) Reply
Kathy, many thanks for updating your links. You are so creative and the the jacket is gorgeous. What a wonderful inspiration!
Rhonda in Montreal said... (2/9/09 7:36 PM) Reply
WOW!! Very artsy!! Great job.
Ody said... (2/9/09 10:45 AM) Reply
Very interesting review, and I love the jacket. The button hole treatments are superb and you should have linked them in your review. That jacket has great details I would like to incorporate.
carolynw said... (2/9/09 9:50 AM) Reply
Thisis lovely - I love the way you have placed the fabrics
Northwind said... (2/8/09 5:48 AM) Reply
Thank you for your review, esp. concerning size. Could not view your photo.
DonnaMeeks said... (10/12/04 8:01 PM) Reply
After reading the review, I will probably sew the jacket - I have had the pattern but put it aside.
JDpenelope said... (5/30/04 4:02 PM) Reply
Your sewing fits into my category of "Someday, I wish!" Very creative all the way around.
mamafitz said... (5/24/03 11:45 PM) Reply
LOL -- duppioni, my favorite fabric. i think i wonder what just about every pattern looks like in duppioni, don't i?
Mini said... (5/24/03 3:24 PM) Reply
I like your button tabs, and the color combo too. This is a really fun pattern, and it's a hoot to sew. I reviewed this a while back, but then sort of forgot about it. I have lots of dupioni scraps saved up, so I am going to do another soon.
CatherineN said... (5/24/03 3:40 AM) Reply
Those buttonholes are so clever and attractive!
Modiste Madness said... (5/24/03 2:33 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone. I had the most fun making this of anything I have made for a long time. It was a blast to tinker and experiment. By the way, Mamafitz was my inspirational friend who wondered what it looked like in Dupioni. Check out her review if you want to see some wonderful garments.
Karen Easter said... (5/23/03 9:55 PM) Reply
Kathy, I agree with the others -- the colors are great together, and the closures are really creative and fun!
mamafitz said... (5/23/03 7:45 PM) Reply
kathy -- it looks great and those colors are so you. i can't wait to see it for real.
AnneM said... (5/23/03 6:31 PM) Reply
I just love your closure idea. It works really well with this pattern and your fabrics. Your review is just full of inspirational ideas.
NancyDaQ said... (5/23/03 6:29 PM) Reply
I have seen this pattern made up many times--lots of cute piecing ideas. However, I have not tried it because so many of them fit really badly--the "stick out" issue is a common one. Sounds like you had some fitting issues too, and it's great you were able to solve them and make the concept work for you. I like the fabrics and colors you used for your version, very nice combo.

Burda 7318