Pattern Reviews> Burda Plus Fashion Magazine> 02-2008-407 (Hooded Jacket)

Reviewed by:SarahSM

About SarahSMstar
OR USA
Member since: 1/17/07
Posted on:3/24/08 1:57 AM
Last Updated:3/24/08 5:28 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Roxxygrl said... (5/4/08 7:24 PM) Reply
Looks great one you, and so comfy.
lilyofthevalley said... (3/25/08 0:42 AM) Reply
The modifications and alterations you made to this pattern have, in my opinion, greatly enhanced the style of this lovely sweater jacket. It carries quite a nice bit of attitude, as well. Altogether, a smashing piece. -Lily
SarahSM said... (3/24/08 5:20 PM) Reply
Fuzzygalore: I guess I'm doing my part to fight back against the return of the 80s!
michellep74 said... (3/24/08 11:54 AM) Reply
I've been wanting to make this, too. Thanks for the detailed review--I really like your version!
Sherril Miller said... (3/24/08 10:59 AM) Reply
Oh yeah, you whipped that pattern into shape and it's fantastic. I'm not sure you would have the sizing problems either if you had used a more tightly woven knit and had been able to put in the darts, along with your usual changes. What you did turn out with is just as wonderful, though.
Sic said... (3/24/08 8:32 AM) Reply
Awesome sweater jacket!
blue mooney said... (3/24/08 8:32 AM) Reply
Love that fabric you chose. This pattern is on my short list. Glad you made it work for you, and thanks for reviewing!
fuzzygalore said... (3/24/08 4:05 AM) Reply
I don't think there is inconsistency from Burda here - the 80s are coming back, Burda is proposing a jacket that has that sort of dropped shoulder and looser fit (you -must- drop the armholes and add bust room in dropped shoulders or you have a straight jacket). So if you don't like that style, you should pick another one to sew :-). Your very loose fabric choice probably emphasized the dropping of the shoulders. But I like the results a lot on you, and I wish I could handle sweater knit that well :-).
Athene said... (3/24/08 2:26 AM) Reply
This is a great sweater jacket. I went to your blog and saw the rest of the pictures. Beautiful pictures, great review.

No Pattern Used 001

by: nothy lane

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)

Sew Chic Knapsack Pattern (ln100)