Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3538 (Project Runway Jackets)

Reviewed by:lcavagnolo

About lcavagnolostar
MI USA
Member since: 12/1/07
Posted on:3/24/08 9:52 PM
Last Updated:3/24/08 10:02 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 24 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
MelissaB in WA said... (7/15/08 1:50 PM) Reply
I was looking at reviews for this pattern because it's in my que right now - WOW, your version is awesome! I may make one just like yours - so chic. I hope you've been getting lots of wear from it.
Tina D. said... (7/10/08 1:43 PM) Reply
Awesome jacket!!
akilcoyne said... (4/30/08 8:23 PM) Reply
Super cute!!
Agent Amy said... (4/30/08 6:29 PM) Reply
Love, love, love your jacket! Even better than the "originals". Great design, fabric selection, techniques, and execution. A+++ Way to go!
Mufffet said... (4/30/08 12:42 PM) Reply
Lovely work and fabric here. Easy?! Doesn't look like an easy pattern for beginners to me! :) Thanks for a good review.
Dei said... (4/30/08 8:09 AM) Reply
I so want that jacket! You can do so many things with just that one piece. Excellent job.
AmyABQ said... (4/24/08 12:00 PM) Reply
Great job, love the look
Bonnie123 said... (4/23/08 3:43 PM) Reply
Awesome!!! You are a great seamtress/designer
Tany said... (4/16/08 4:33 PM) Reply
I'm speachless, you did an outstanding job!!!!
meggy said... (4/15/08 8:11 PM) Reply
WOW, your jacket is absolutely gorgeous!
lcavagnolo said... (4/14/08 12:36 PM) Reply
Jartayne: The ruffles were basted to the front and neckline before the bagged lining was stitched on. Without having the original to check their scale, I just made the ruffle strip to a height I found flattering. Other than that, the sleeve bands and buttonholes were the only other pattern modifications I had to make. I never did get around to adding the pockets!
jartayne said... (4/10/08 8:13 PM) Reply
How did you add the ruffles? What were the measurements? And what other adjustments did you make to make it look like the Fiona jacket.
Sew4Fun said... (4/6/08 7:44 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! I like the ruffle you added. I'd buy your version before I bought the J.Crew jacket.
Lucy in Virginia said... (4/1/08 2:47 PM) Reply
Great jacket! I really like the asymmetry of the ruffle on one side of the jacket. Great job!
cecelia said... (3/29/08 5:33 PM) Reply
Your jacket is adorable--love it!
Lori V said... (3/25/08 10:35 PM) Reply
Excellent knock-off and review. Your changes to this pattern are amazing.
Sigrid. said... (3/25/08 5:26 PM) Reply
Wonderful knock-off. Awesome jacket. I want one too.
So So said... (3/25/08 1:55 PM) Reply
Great jacket! Love your version. Sounds a great pattern considering it includes lining (bagging instructions)& finishing details.
meli88a said... (3/25/08 9:45 AM) Reply
I really like what you did with the collar - I would not have seen past the envelope picture to envision it with the ruffles. Your version is adorable!
LindsayT said... (3/25/08 9:15 AM) Reply
Trés snazzola!
Babe B said... (3/25/08 9:05 AM) Reply
Ah-Dorable!
Beek said... (3/25/08 8:51 AM) Reply
This jacket is so "current". I really like the cut, the ruffle and the fabric you've selected. I am sure you will get a lot of mileage out of this and compliments!
jlg said... (3/25/08 5:29 AM) Reply
Wow, I love what you did with this pattern. This is adorable.
Danvillegirl said... (3/25/08 5:27 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. Love the ruffles! Great knockoff of the Fiona jacket. Your topstitching looks fantastic. Love the fabric choice as well.
yorkshire lass said... (3/25/08 5:17 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. Love the ruffled collar
Em's Summer said... (3/25/08 4:51 AM) Reply
What a cute jacket! I love this!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/25/08 1:08 AM) Reply
A really excellent first review of your beautiful jacket that emulates a RTW jacket. In fact, I like your jacket better as your buttons have more panache than the inspiration garment. Superb workmanship. I look forward to seeing many more of your lovely creations in the future. -Lily
Sic said... (3/24/08 11:47 PM) Reply
Awesome and accurate knock-off!
Erica B. said... (3/24/08 11:37 PM) Reply
That jacket is absolutely fabulous!
Flying Seamstress said... (3/24/08 10:48 PM) Reply
Impressive and inspiring! Please model for us once you've applied the patch pockets. Super job!
Tiner W said... (3/24/08 10:42 PM) Reply
That is a stunning jacket! I love your modifications.
JMarie1962 said... (3/24/08 10:37 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket! I keep thinking I'd like to make a jacket in this style and I really like your version. Nice job! Thanks for the tip on the bagged lining too.
svenskaflicka said... (3/24/08 10:24 PM) Reply
Tres chic! Very couture-looking. Nice to know this pattern has bagged lining instructions. I might try it just for that. Well, and the really cute jacket that results! Nice work.
nienna said... (3/24/08 10:12 PM) Reply
Your jacket is so cute! Thanks for letting us know about a pattern that actually has good instructions.

by: JustineSew...