Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3538 (Project Runway Jackets)

Reviewed by:lcavagnolo

About lcavagnolostar
Member since: 12/1/07
Posted on:3/24/08 9:52 PM
Last Updated:3/24/08 10:02 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 24 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

MelissaB in WA said... (7/15/08 1:50 PM) Reply
I was looking at reviews for this pattern because it's in my que right now - WOW, your version is awesome! I may make one just like yours - so chic. I hope you've been getting lots of wear from it.
Tina D. said... (7/10/08 1:43 PM) Reply
Awesome jacket!!
akilcoyne said... (4/30/08 8:23 PM) Reply
Super cute!!
Agent Amy said... (4/30/08 6:29 PM) Reply
Love, love, love your jacket! Even better than the "originals". Great design, fabric selection, techniques, and execution. A+++ Way to go!
Mufffet said... (4/30/08 12:42 PM) Reply
Lovely work and fabric here. Easy?! Doesn't look like an easy pattern for beginners to me! :) Thanks for a good review.
Dei said... (4/30/08 8:09 AM) Reply
I so want that jacket! You can do so many things with just that one piece. Excellent job.
AmyABQ said... (4/24/08 12:00 PM) Reply
Great job, love the look
Bonnie123 said... (4/23/08 3:43 PM) Reply
Awesome!!! You are a great seamtress/designer
Tany said... (4/16/08 4:33 PM) Reply
I'm speachless, you did an outstanding job!!!!
meggy said... (4/15/08 8:11 PM) Reply
WOW, your jacket is absolutely gorgeous!
lcavagnolo said... (4/14/08 12:36 PM) Reply
Jartayne: The ruffles were basted to the front and neckline before the bagged lining was stitched on. Without having the original to check their scale, I just made the ruffle strip to a height I found flattering. Other than that, the sleeve bands and buttonholes were the only other pattern modifications I had to make. I never did get around to adding the pockets!
jartayne said... (4/10/08 8:13 PM) Reply
How did you add the ruffles? What were the measurements? And what other adjustments did you make to make it look like the Fiona jacket.
Sew4Fun said... (4/6/08 7:44 PM) Reply
Fabulous jacket! I like the ruffle you added. I'd buy your version before I bought the J.Crew jacket.
Lucy in Virginia said... (4/1/08 2:47 PM) Reply
Great jacket! I really like the asymmetry of the ruffle on one side of the jacket. Great job!
cecelia said... (3/29/08 5:33 PM) Reply
Your jacket is adorable--love it!
Lori V said... (3/25/08 10:35 PM) Reply
Excellent knock-off and review. Your changes to this pattern are amazing.
Sigrid. said... (3/25/08 5:26 PM) Reply
Wonderful knock-off. Awesome jacket. I want one too.
So So said... (3/25/08 1:55 PM) Reply
Great jacket! Love your version. Sounds a great pattern considering it includes lining (bagging instructions)& finishing details.
meli88a said... (3/25/08 9:45 AM) Reply
I really like what you did with the collar - I would not have seen past the envelope picture to envision it with the ruffles. Your version is adorable!
LindsayT said... (3/25/08 9:15 AM) Reply
Trés snazzola!
Babe B said... (3/25/08 9:05 AM) Reply
Beek said... (3/25/08 8:51 AM) Reply
This jacket is so "current". I really like the cut, the ruffle and the fabric you've selected. I am sure you will get a lot of mileage out of this and compliments!
jlg said... (3/25/08 5:29 AM) Reply
Wow, I love what you did with this pattern. This is adorable.
Danvillegirl said... (3/25/08 5:27 AM) Reply
Lovely jacket. Love the ruffles! Great knockoff of the Fiona jacket. Your topstitching looks fantastic. Love the fabric choice as well.
yorkshire lass said... (3/25/08 5:17 AM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket. Love the ruffled collar
Em's Summer said... (3/25/08 4:51 AM) Reply
What a cute jacket! I love this!
lilyofthevalley said... (3/25/08 1:08 AM) Reply
A really excellent first review of your beautiful jacket that emulates a RTW jacket. In fact, I like your jacket better as your buttons have more panache than the inspiration garment. Superb workmanship. I look forward to seeing many more of your lovely creations in the future. -Lily
Sic said... (3/24/08 11:47 PM) Reply
Awesome and accurate knock-off!
Erica B. said... (3/24/08 11:37 PM) Reply
That jacket is absolutely fabulous!
Flying Seamstress said... (3/24/08 10:48 PM) Reply
Impressive and inspiring! Please model for us once you've applied the patch pockets. Super job!
Tiner W said... (3/24/08 10:42 PM) Reply
That is a stunning jacket! I love your modifications.
JMarie1962 said... (3/24/08 10:37 PM) Reply
Very cute jacket! I keep thinking I'd like to make a jacket in this style and I really like your version. Nice job! Thanks for the tip on the bagged lining too.
svenskaflicka said... (3/24/08 10:24 PM) Reply
Tres chic! Very couture-looking. Nice to know this pattern has bagged lining instructions. I might try it just for that. Well, and the really cute jacket that results! Nice work.
nienna said... (3/24/08 10:12 PM) Reply
Your jacket is so cute! Thanks for letting us know about a pattern that actually has good instructions.
The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

10 inch Professional Shears