Pattern Reviews> HotPatterns> Classix Nouveau Razor-Sha (1053)

Reviewed by:Nancy K

About Nancy Kstarstarstar
NY USA
Member since: 12/28/04
Posted on:4/14/08 4:33 PM
Last Updated:9/12/12 6:29 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
bananaoil said... (9/14/12 2:40 PM) Reply
Hi NAncy__ I like the bound waistline. Is the button on the fly?
lauraborealis said... (9/12/12 7:07 PM) Reply
The thread o3b is referring to is: http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/sewingclasses/board.pl?t=16164. I'd like to know, too! The V is the last remaining fit problem I have with pants... it drives me crazy! Also wondering what software program is being referred to in that thread... that HotPatterns drafts from. But, as for your pants - fantastic! I love the leopard version - you look so stylish.
bananaoil said... (11/2/08 9:51 PM) Reply
Hi Nancy, The pants look great. Is that crotch seam really a right angle? I'm not believing what I see I guess. I like the wrap top too, you look sharp.
BetsyV said... (11/1/08 11:11 PM) Reply
Justs thought I would mention HP has NOT changed the zipper instructions. I bought this pattern about 6 months ago and it's still backwards/inconsistent with left/right. Very confusing.
DaisyEsq said... (11/1/08 8:36 PM) Reply
Thank you for a thorough review. It's such a good idea to change your TNT to any style you want.
Heatherrique said... (11/1/08 8:03 PM) Reply
Super sizzling looking outfits, Nancy! All pants look fab on you!
Christas said... (11/1/08 4:57 PM) Reply
You look so stylish in these. I love each version!
o3b said... (8/15/08 5:23 AM) Reply
Nancy - Can you show the changes you made to the front crotch? I was reading in a thread by you about the "upside-down-V-below-the-zipper-thing" when you were working on another pair of these pants. I have that same problem right now and I spend hours looking at the pattern and doing nothing b/c I am stumped by what changes, exactly, to make. PFRP "crotch bubble" - I must not be doing it right, and I do think I need to straighten the CF. I also have a short front crotch length and leftover baby belly, and have adjusted the angle of CF back to about 5 degrees after shortening the height.
Sigrid. said... (4/15/08 4:29 PM) Reply
Great pants and I like the way you "play" with your tnt pattern. The grey/white fabric is so summer!
LindsayT said... (4/15/08 1:55 PM) Reply
Super stylish! Loving them.
Luckylibbet said... (4/15/08 12:28 PM) Reply
Love the fabric you chose - and your designer details are spot on. Terrific!
Erica B. said... (4/15/08 12:00 PM) Reply
Those are great looking pants!
Christina Sonja said... (4/15/08 11:37 AM) Reply
Sharp! Okay, I've decided my goal is to find a TNT pants pattern too.
SarahWeb said... (4/15/08 10:25 AM) Reply
Nancy, you look stunning in these pants and the total outfits you put together.
Nancywin said... (4/15/08 2:04 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I have this pattern and haven't tried it yet. I may have to move it up on my list.
GollyGolly said... (4/14/08 11:45 PM) Reply
How great to have that go to pants pattern ! They can be such a bear to fit and I am sure you must adore having this HP pants pattern which works so well for you.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (4/14/08 11:16 PM) Reply
Love all your pants, they work so well in your wardrobe. Great to find a super fitting pant!
Mary Stiefer said... (4/14/08 7:07 PM) Reply
As usual - your creations are always beautiful
kathi s said... (4/14/08 6:39 PM) Reply
Great looking pants! I love the vertical stripes with the bias detail at the pocket. With some trepidation (I am a timid sewist who needs lots of instruction), I may try this Hot Patterns pants pattern because of your great review.
Marji said... (4/14/08 5:52 PM) Reply
Nice pants. I like what you did with the stripes on the pocket welt. And they work really well in the context of your wardrobe.
Flying Seamstress said... (4/14/08 5:25 PM) Reply
Love your pants! I've heard of the HP L shaped back crotch curve but never envisioned this...very interesting...is it sewn as shown in your photo? Definitely something I need to check out as I'm still trying to fit/sew the "perfect" pants. Thank you for the review!
Re Becca said... (4/14/08 5:21 PM) Reply
These are great! Pants from tnt patterns and "create-your-own-pockets" make the hair pulling that goes with sewing worth while. Congrats on scoring the perfect pants pattern! PS. it looks great with that jacket!

Fun with Fitting - SKIRTS