Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3833 (1960's Retro)

Reviewed by:stitcheroo

About stitcheroostar
NY USA
Member since: 2/1/08
Sewing skills:Beginner
Posted on:4/5/08 5:26 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
CurlyCrafter said... (6/16/08 3:09 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress! I love it and you have great style.
Laura O said... (6/3/08 3:58 PM) Reply
You did a great job for someone relatively new to sewing! It's very flattering on you! I made mine in black and white and love it! It's so comfortable and cute at the same time. I think I'll dig my pattern out and make another one. And NO you're not the only one who has trouble with sizing. I'll be making mine a 10 instead of a 12.
Meggie LuLu said... (4/12/08 11:08 AM) Reply
That is SOOO CUTE!!!!
lilyofthevalley said... (4/7/08 7:55 PM) Reply
Charming little 60's dress and the teal cotton is a perfect fabric choice. Your zipper looks just great, and you look lovely in your dress. -Lily
gatorgirl4325 said... (4/7/08 11:56 AM) Reply
Great looking dress!
Stitchcakes said... (4/6/08 12:18 PM) Reply
Too cute! I have this pattern and some brown/lime daisy print cotton; I'm just waiting for a baby shower/cocktail party invite!
ryan's mom said... (4/6/08 11:26 AM) Reply
Great dress! I love the retro look and color. Completely understand the sizing thing. I'm working on a wadder review that had the same kind of issue.
Dmd4106 said... (4/6/08 3:10 AM) Reply
This pattern is one of my all time favorites. You look very cute in yr dress! Cocktail/babyshower now that's my kind of shower! Luvin the shoes.
svetlana said... (4/5/08 7:42 PM) Reply
I had a dress like this in the 60's!. It was hot lime green on top, navy on the bottom with navy and lime green pin . Very happenin'. You did a great job.
Linda G said... (4/5/08 7:08 PM) Reply
Very cute. I think that in the 60s ( I was a teenager....there was a lot more ease throught the hips than there is now...it was normal. You did a great job making the darts make it more 21st century. I remember this pattern when the original was out. I bought the pattern recently for old times sake.
cabinbaby said... (4/5/08 6:54 PM) Reply
I think that fabric is perfect for the dress. Great job. I have picked up and put down this pattern several times. I really like. Thank you for the very helpful review.
CShelley said... (4/5/08 6:28 PM) Reply
Very cute dress - I bet the 60's party was fun. I too have found that Simplicity patterns have a HUGE amount of ease in them - don't know why they do it but they do. Wish they didn't!

Butterick 6520 OOP