Online Sewing Class: Create a Jacket Muslin

Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6773 (Design Your Look dress)

Reviewed by:EveS

About EveSstarstarstarstar
MI USA
Member since: 11/26/06
Posted on:4/9/08 8:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 19 people
Daisy.Grrl said... (3/9/09 10:50 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a great review! I have an hourglass figure and have a difficult time finding patterns that work with my shape and still look youthful and fitted without being sleazy. I can't wait to try this!
snapdragonfly said... (4/19/08 10:04 PM) Reply
ab-so-lutely lov-er-ley. congrats.
WoodfordGormley said... (4/17/08 5:24 PM) Reply
I love the dress and the pose. pefect.
rockontinyrebel said... (4/13/08 0:45 AM) Reply
Adorable dress and photo! Nothing better than loving a garment we've made for ourselves.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/10/08 12:16 PM) Reply
Eve, this is a Masterpiece! Beautifully conceived, expertly constructed, and artistically presented. You've accessorized it to perfection and in your stylish photo, you are a Bombshell! Love everything about it, Lily
MelissaB in WA said... (4/10/08 0:10 AM) Reply
What a lovely dress! I love the fabric, the piping, heck I love everything! You look gorgeous in this dress and I love your silly pose too! :-)
SewingSusan said... (4/9/08 8:46 PM) Reply
LOVE it! Thanks for the great review and fantastic piping description. It is the icing on the cake.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (4/9/08 8:25 PM) Reply
A super cute and versatile dress. You look great in it, love the posing too!
Athene said... (4/9/08 3:03 PM) Reply
You look very retro and fabulous - love the whole look - now I'm probably going to have to go and buy this pattern.
cindy-lou said... (4/9/08 3:02 PM) Reply
Eve, your dress is just stunning. STUNNING! In my humility I have to say that I soooo wish I had your attention to detail-- you do wonderful work! -I too love piping, and often use spray adhesive to get it to hold still while I sew it in-- but basting would be a better idea because occasionally the fabric gets sticky' under the piping foot with the adhesive there. In short, I adore this dress. If/when I make it... down South, we'll call it the 'Evie' dress! :)
Heatherrique said... (4/9/08 2:47 PM) Reply
Eve, you're adorable! Delightful dress....entertaining review!
Em's Summer said... (4/9/08 2:31 PM) Reply
I love your dress and the red peep toe shoes!
nellc said... (4/9/08 1:16 PM) Reply
You look lovely in this dress, the fit is great and the red piping adds a really nice finishing touch.
myrooks said... (4/9/08 1:07 PM) Reply
What more can I say except FABULOUS!
Ronda Rae said... (4/9/08 12:59 PM) Reply
Great review! I love the ones with such personal touches. Cute dress, too. I agree about VPL and Bra straps showing- it's just tacky.
michellep74 said... (4/9/08 12:51 PM) Reply
You look amazing in this! I love everything about it--the fabric, the piping, and the great fit that you achieved!
Twinset said... (4/9/08 12:31 PM) Reply
Beautiful and adorable! Although modern, the complete look with the pearls and the shoes makes me think of the 50's, a time when ladies really dressed!
SewLil said... (4/9/08 12:20 PM) Reply
Great dress and I love the deviant photo! Love the piping you addeed and your weight loss is evident. Congratulations and a cute dress and weight lost.
LindsayT said... (4/9/08 12:14 PM) Reply
The perfect summer dress! I can smell the barbecue on the grill right now. Trés cute!
DorothyK said... (4/9/08 11:44 AM) Reply
Absolutely adorable. A perfect dress for you. I just purchased the Olfa guide arm and can't wait to use it. Thanks for you review.
loohoo44 said... (4/9/08 11:36 AM) Reply
EveS this dress is adorable!!! Thank you for the tip about the piping, sounds easy when you explain it. I love love love your adorable pose, especially with the pearls and red shoes!!
Beek said... (4/9/08 11:33 AM) Reply
Great photo! And a wise move by widening the shoulder straps. I, too, hate it when the bra straps peek out. Your dress is gorgeous and it really flatters your nice shape!
Trinity. said... (4/9/08 10:39 AM) Reply
One word: GORGEOUS!!!!!
camaro1952 said... (4/9/08 10:25 AM) Reply
I love this dress on you!!! It's cute it's sassy, what a perfect summer(or dressy)dress. Thank You for review.
Karen6790 said... (4/9/08 10:20 AM) Reply
Not sure what's cuter, the picture or the dress! This is definitely on my list of things to sew. Great review.
cabinbaby said... (4/9/08 10:07 AM) Reply
Ditto what the others have said! Love the dress and the pose! And I love those red peep-toes too!
Leora said... (4/9/08 9:26 AM) Reply
Holy cats, the number of pattern pieces boggles the mind. Clearly you had no trouble seeing your vision through to a gorgeous fitting dress. Love the piping!
Mary Stiefer said... (4/9/08 9:00 AM) Reply
What a great looking summer dress. It fits you beautifully and looks gorgeous. Love the fact that the shoulder straps appear to be wide enough to cover bra straps. That's a good thing.
ladybegood said... (4/9/08 8:56 AM) Reply
Love the pose as much as I love the dress! The piping is the perfect touch. Thanks for the review!
AuntieShel said... (4/9/08 8:27 AM) Reply
OMG, what a fabulous dress!! And I love your PR pose. Great dress, looks great on you--perfect.

More Knits