Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1027 (Very Easy Very Vogue Dress)

Reviewed by:Dei

Posted on:4/20/08 7:25 PM
Last Updated:4/20/08 7:47 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 21 people

KrystalL said... (6/2/08 8:34 AM) Reply
I can't believe I never commented on this dress. Let me just say, you killed it! Beautiful job. :-D
maiaj said... (4/28/08 1:38 AM) Reply
Ditto on all the "WOWs"! Beautiful dress and fabric-now I really want to give this one a try!
Kiwi Girl said... (4/25/08 0:11 AM) Reply
Ohhh.. very nice. Your dress looks fabulous on you. Great style, fabric... everything. I have had a beautiful blue knit fabric that has been waiting for a pattern and I've decided this will be it. Thanks for a great reveiw.
CarolynGM said... (4/24/08 8:56 PM) Reply
If I were you, I'd make about 10 more of these. This is stunning on you. Great way to do the ties.
Tearsa said... (4/24/08 6:23 PM) Reply
You are such the diva!! Love your choices.
Marji said... (4/24/08 5:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! This is also on my to-make list, happy to see how flattering it is on you, just lovely.
Nancy K said... (4/24/08 3:54 PM) Reply
This looks great on you! This is next up on my sewing list so I am happy to see your review. I thought that it might be cut a bit generously which is good as my fabric is not as stretchy as the one called for.
Dobedowawa said... (4/24/08 1:03 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! ...... (the shoes too!). Thank you for a very informative review.
CreativeDiva said... (4/23/08 2:04 PM) Reply
Wow! You look gorgeous. The dress is divine on you. One of these days, I'll get around to making mine.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/22/08 5:29 PM) Reply
This beautiful green and white print is so perfect for this lovely and feminine dress. You look smashing in it and your killer shoes. Lovely, Lily
kim*brown said... (4/22/08 4:08 PM) Reply
Don't you just love G Street Fabrics Bargain Bin!!! Very sexy, yet tasteful!
AmyABQ said... (4/22/08 1:05 PM) Reply
Wow, very lovely you did an excellent job
born2bead said... (4/21/08 5:17 PM) Reply
Fantastic fabric and you look very classy!
jhansby said... (4/21/08 12:15 PM) Reply
I just purchased this pattern and now I just can't wait to make it!! Thanks for the great review...very helpful!!
Erica B. said... (4/21/08 11:44 AM) Reply
I love that dress! Beautiful fabric!
Barbara V said... (4/21/08 11:12 AM) Reply
A very elegant look for a "very easy" rated pattern. You look great in it! Thanks for the review.
cindyann said... (4/21/08 8:00 AM) Reply
So pretty. I'm so glad that there are so many reviews of this dress. I'm awaiting fabric for it so it's one of my next projects. Thanks for all the construction tips.
mylittleelephant said... (4/21/08 5:30 AM) Reply
This is beautiful, you look great!
WoodfordGormley said... (4/21/08 2:25 AM) Reply
Wow, this is just gorgeous -- great fabric, great pattern, great sewing, and great modelling.
Heatherrique said... (4/21/08 1:50 AM) Reply
Sensational and striking looking dress! The model is electrifying!
GollyGolly said... (4/21/08 0:03 AM) Reply
You look lovely in your dress and isn't it great when something can look this good and feel good too!
Twinset said... (4/20/08 11:18 PM) Reply
This is really really beautiful, you look so elegant in your dress! Congrats! I have made a muslin of this pattern and found too that it is sized quite big; now I have to sew it in the real fabric with the alterations I made. I'm glad to see that it turned out so well for you!
CynthiaSue said... (4/20/08 11:11 PM) Reply
what a wonderful color. I bet your dress was the best one at the events and no one knew it wasn't hundreds of dollars off the rack! Sweet stillettos by the way!
Flying Seamstress said... (4/20/08 10:58 PM) Reply
Perfect ~ You should be on a runway modeling this beauty!
PegL said... (4/20/08 10:57 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress!
unfinishedprojects said... (4/20/08 10:38 PM) Reply
Ha ha! After reading your review I now realize that I've been wearing my dress wrong- the band flips up instead of down! I like your fabric better too. :)
BeckyC said... (4/20/08 10:25 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress on you! The fabric is great for the style of the dress. Thanks for the great review!
Kaitlinnegan said... (4/20/08 10:04 PM) Reply
This dress looks so fab on you! Wonderful. This pattern is on my "someday" list...but maybe I should bump it up. ;)
mary in FL said... (4/20/08 9:46 PM) Reply
What a stunning dress!
Dei said... (4/20/08 9:33 PM) Reply
@Mollyshark:Thanks for the kind words. Much appreciated. You may need to do a FBA. I have an average bust size and did make a minor tweak. The skirt is full so it's a matter of taste. Trinicity made her skirt a few sizes up to add more fullness. It is a long dress, but I think the extra length makes it dressier than the average knit. You'll be fine.
mollyshark said... (4/20/08 9:22 PM) Reply
Does the entire pattern run large or just parts of it. I usually do a FBA but wondering if I would need it here. I might need longer legs to pull it off also! LOL. You definitely have a knack for finding patterns/fabric that are flattering. It's a gift. Good review. Thanks.
sideseams said... (4/20/08 9:12 PM) Reply
That dress is just beautiful! Love the fabric.
Gold said... (4/20/08 8:56 PM) Reply
FANTASTIC!!!You did a wonderful job!I love that fabric.
HeyJane said... (4/20/08 8:36 PM) Reply
What a great job and fabric selection...this dress is beautiful.
Mahler said... (4/20/08 8:04 PM) Reply
You look so elegant ! Well I am certain that even wearing a flour bag you would look elegant, its natural for you; but that dress adds some more elegance. Those shoes are a very pretty match. Bravo !
Judy Wentz said... (4/20/08 7:57 PM) Reply
Very Vogue and very pretty!
solosmocker said... (4/20/08 7:54 PM) Reply
Excellent review and a beautiful dress on a beautiful lady.
leanmeansewingmachine said... (4/20/08 7:50 PM) Reply
Wow that dress looks great!
Sheila457 said... (4/20/08 7:37 PM) Reply
Very pretty and lovely print.
Ronda Rae said... (4/20/08 7:36 PM) Reply
Gorgeous!! This is just beautiful.

by: heathergwo