Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4599

Posted on:4/25/08 1:37 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

Vesta Patterns

lilyofthevalley said... (4/28/08 2:53 PM) Reply
Embroidered white linen; how perfect for Summer. So soft and feminine and your alterations have made it even more so. I can envision that you'll wear this constantly, as it will look great with everything. Lovely, Lily
Jodi B. said... (4/27/08 12:38 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the comments in my skirt -- it's so fun to wear. Zip, I changed the grainline to the center of each of the four pieces. It's helped it drape very nicely.
Meggie LuLu said... (4/26/08 9:34 PM) Reply
That looks SOOO NICE!!!! Great job!!!!
ryan's mom said... (4/26/08 9:12 PM) Reply
Jodi, I think the alterations/modifications you made to this pattern are perfect. IMO, the flowing skirt just seems perfectly proportioned and is very flattering on you. Way to go!
ColorMeHome said... (4/26/08 2:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for the nice review. Your skirt looks great on you!
Zip said... (4/26/08 9:08 AM) Reply
double post
Zip said... (4/26/08 8:59 AM) Reply
Your skirt is lovely, and you look great in it. In the fall, you recommended that I start sewing for myself with a skirt, and ever since then I have been looking for a pattern that could work for me. Can you explain where the grainline is on the now four pieces? Is it now in the center of each of the four? Thanks!
wvsher said... (4/25/08 4:50 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing this cute pattern. When I saw this skirt in your review for the top, I wondered if you would be reviewing it as well. Looks great!
Cathy Loves Fabric said... (4/25/08 11:40 AM) Reply
This looks like the perfect summer skirt that could be worn with just about anything. I love how it looks with the Jalie top. Your revisions really added the perfect touches. You look great and ready for a summer party.
cmarie12 said... (4/25/08 10:57 AM) Reply
Jodi - what a perfect summer skirt!
Gelbean said... (4/25/08 8:01 AM) Reply
I like your skirt. It is very pretty and feminine. I need to add skirts to my wardrobe but picking the right one has been very hard for me. Maybe this is the pattern I need.
cindyann said... (4/25/08 7:47 AM) Reply
Your skirt is so pretty. Very flattering on you.