Pattern Reviews> Ottobre Woman Magazine> 02-2007-4 (Puffed-sleeved T-shirt)

Reviewed by:OP Gal

About OP Galstarstarstar
KS United States
Member since: 10/14/03
Posted on:4/27/08 6:40 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Brillig said... (4/28/08 6:02 PM) Reply

Brillig said... (4/28/08 6:01 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review! I am just beginning my quest for that holy grail t-shirt pattern, and the adjustments for size you made seem to mirror what I would need to make, so I will be following your t-shirt journey with great interest. Sorry to hear you used up some beloved fabric on a garment that did not thrill you in the end. Your comments about your husband being oblivious and just snapping away were hilarious!!
Callie 3 said... (4/28/08 10:56 AM) Reply
This pattern did not work for me either. What a disappointment! I expected it to at least come close. I'm eager to see how you like 8151. I am now going to try Pamela's tee shirt pattern. Will do a review when I finish one.
lilyofthevalley said... (4/28/08 9:25 AM) Reply
Oh no, Sondra, the tragedy of using a loved and saved fabric for a garment that, in the end, doesn't thrill you. I feel your pain. Though the T looks lovely in the photo, if the shoulders don't fit, you'll probably never love it. On to Vogue 8151. -Lily
Donna H said... (4/27/08 6:46 PM) Reply
Thanks for your review. I sewed this one up as well because of what's been said about it, but I didn't like it at all. It seemed to become a maternity top at the bottom edge. I guess I just need to take it in there. I hope you like Vogue 8151. I sure do. It's now my TNT tshirt pattern.

by: Jstarr4250