Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 7982 ( Birkin style bag)

Reviewed by:HawkeMorningStar7

About HawkeMorningStar7starstarstarstar
Member since: 6/21/05
Posted on:4/30/08 1:48 AM
Last Updated:5/1/08 12:25 PM
See other patterns in this category: Accessories

JetSetSewing said... (9/24/12 8:50 PM) Reply
Fantastic bag! I'm looking all over for this out of print pattern (Vogue 7982). If you're not going to use it again, would you be interested in selling it to me? I can be reached at [email protected]
CynthiaSue said... (9/9/08 0:01 AM) Reply
Great Blazes!!! How did I ever miss this? Guess i wasn't a bag fanatic yet. Now I'm on a quest to make a Birken bag. This is absolutely wonderful. just so amazing. I hope you are using it all the time!!!
AnneM said... (5/8/08 8:12 PM) Reply
Excellent bag. It looks very professional. You must be so thrilled with the results of your efforts.
Athene said... (5/6/08 7:03 PM) Reply
Definitely a Wow bag. Hard to add more - everyone has said it already. So thank you for the inside zipper pocket link and for the very thorough review.
nancy2001 said... (5/2/08 8:02 AM) Reply
Wow. Very creative.
bunz said... (5/1/08 7:25 PM) Reply
What a feat of perseverance, style and great taste!
Winifred said... (5/1/08 5:21 PM) Reply
I am (sew) inspired by all your sewing with the wonderful colouring and now this bag. Full marks for perseverance and endurance. How do you find time to get so much done, and you go to work too ? You must go like the wind !
SueV said... (5/1/08 11:58 AM) Reply
Wow! You HAVE been busy! Yikes, all your items are beautiful and this bag ... Wonderful! and great review!
meli88a said... (5/1/08 11:35 AM) Reply
Wow. Thank you for this VERY informative review. I have this pattern, and have been SCARED of it! Now I may take some baby steps closer, and possibly even try my hand at it too...
SewSewHappy said... (5/1/08 10:22 AM) Reply
I am ready to take on the challenge, you have inspired me. Beautiful job!
Mary Stiefer said... (4/30/08 5:52 PM) Reply
This looks terrific - your persistence paid off. I also appreciate your inspiration speech at the closing - well done all the way around.
ConnieBJ said... (4/30/08 5:19 PM) Reply
Terrific bag! Love the leather and the bling!
Rustybobn said... (4/30/08 4:00 PM) Reply
Wow! (What they said!) Very nice.
Squeezylemon said... (4/30/08 10:47 AM) Reply
Fabulous bag! When you think of what these cost, it really is worth all the time and effort you have put into it, congratulations on a wonderful project!
TrixieD said... (4/30/08 10:05 AM) Reply
This is such a beautiful bag with such interesting colour and detail. Your review is a course in making it. thanks so much for sharing your work.
mastdenman said... (4/30/08 10:04 AM) Reply
Great bag. You are inspiring me to make another bag. And get another pattern
annie11 said... (4/30/08 9:24 AM) Reply
LOVE your bag! That hot pink crocodile leather is fantastic, and the ultrasuede and embossed black leather accents go with it beautifully.
cindyann said... (4/30/08 8:23 AM) Reply
What a nice bag! I have always admired this Birkin knockoff pattern, but never picked it up. Your hard work paid off very well. Thank you for the review.
mssewcrazy said... (4/30/08 8:13 AM) Reply
Wow this is absolutely awesome! You must be very proud and should be.
ryan's mom said... (4/30/08 7:48 AM) Reply
I dub your beautiful bag, "Hot Pinkness!" Gotta get some fuschia pink leather next time I'm in NYC. Your bag rocks with that leather!
Johanna Lu said... (4/30/08 7:06 AM) Reply
You did it! What an awesome job, very inspiring. I love all those details, you can really tell how much effort you have put into the bag. And it will look great with your swap too :)
susinok said... (4/30/08 7:02 AM) Reply
I have a purse which weighs a ton and has lots of gold hardware on it. I think I'm going to cut it apart and make my own bag with the hardware! I LOVE the fuschia croc. It's a beautiful bag.
Olivia Sews said... (4/30/08 5:55 AM) Reply
Very inspiring!! It's a great feeling to create something you envisioned!!
anetJay said... (4/30/08 4:54 AM) Reply
WOW !!! from the moment I saw your first photo on the boards...I knew your bag would be FABULOUS and it is truly is !!! GREAT JOB !! :) Janet
lizpalmer said... (4/30/08 4:23 AM) Reply
Well worth all the struggle and tears, I think. This is a fabulous bag. Very sassy and desirable. How fab will you look strutting that!
hongkongshopper said... (4/30/08 3:09 AM) Reply
anncie1 said... (4/30/08 2:50 AM) Reply
WOW! It's time for my purse and I think you may have started something. I have a "small tote" but I've been thinking about that leather drawstring backpack style. YOU GO GIRL! I'll get my leather out and sit it on a chair for about a month and get inspired like you!

Past Patterns 503