Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 20294-1002 (Silk and lace heaven)

Reviewed by:Birgitte

About Birgittestarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/28/04
Posted on:4/30/08 7:26 PM
Last Updated:4/30/08 7:26 PM
Pattern Size:Petite
moushka said... (9/1/08 2:52 PM) Reply
Without a doubt, one of the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen! Are you sure you weren't a fashion designer in another life? Birgitte, I don't know how you are going to top this! It's stunning. DD is such a lucky girl. Hope you're still posting on PR when she gets married ;-)
sewmytime said... (7/8/08 8:59 PM) Reply
This has to be one of the most amazing dresses ever....Kudos
leeannz said... (5/23/08 3:24 PM) Reply
this is the most gorgeous dress...the color is glorious. I'm sure she looked stunning!
Mandolin82 said... (5/20/08 1:03 PM) Reply
Really really really great!!! Thanks for sharing with us!
buckshot said... (5/20/08 10:56 AM) Reply
I really enjoyed your explaination and pictures, I am looking forward to your next project,
elka78k said... (5/20/08 10:38 AM) Reply
awesome job, and in 8 days! Wow! I am still very confused on the 'attached the crinoline fabric to the lining'. Is the result that you can't see the netting at all? If not, then what's the point? Could you perhaps post a picture of the finished dress from down below to see all the layers? Thanks much!
catsmeow said... (5/20/08 9:08 AM) Reply
What an absolutely lovely dress! One would feel like a beautiful princess wearing it. This dress would be something to treasure all of one's life. Thank you for all the work of making it and writing to us about it!
Mufffet said... (5/20/08 8:45 AM) Reply
This is simple beautiful....words fail. Lovely...I love the movie, the actress and your dress!
marbroy said... (5/14/08 7:28 PM) Reply
I am awestruck by your dress. My formal days are over for my girls now, but I emailed it to all of them anyway. Just awesome work. Congratulations on winning the contest. Well deserved.
nancy2001 said... (5/11/08 11:42 AM) Reply
I love this dress. It's very, very Audrey. And congratulations on winning the contest.
ryan's mom said... (5/10/08 8:50 AM) Reply
This dress is really beautiful! So lovely!!
EveS said... (5/9/08 9:48 PM) Reply
I could ramble on and on, but I think "Wow!" best captures my thoughts on this dress. DD has fabulous taste and DM has impeccable interpretive skills. Great job!
Marji said... (5/6/08 4:16 PM) Reply
Well, I just thought I'd let you know that you got the College Freshman stamp of approval at this household too. Dsd is home and just looked through the pictures and can't stop saying how cute it is. "Cute" being the current vocab word for lovely.
pterion said... (5/4/08 11:04 PM) Reply
An absolute work of art. I am certain that your daughter looks stunning in this dress. And your review is wonderful.
Catbird said... (5/4/08 8:08 PM) Reply
My head is still swirling with inspiration from your wonderful Bluemarine coat copy, and now this!! It is so exquisite. I love your reviews and your go-for-it attitude. Can't wait to see more of your work. Thank you!
lilyofthevalley said... (5/4/08 7:09 PM) Reply
Your daughter's stunning dress is nothing short of awe-inspiring. It is perfection in its purpose, construction, and artistic outcome. A couture piece every bit capable of carrying the Sabrina fantasy within it. Stunningly lovely, Lily
Nancywin said... (5/3/08 4:04 PM) Reply
Your dress is gorgeous, Birgitta! a crinoline is an underskirt made from crinoline fabric (I used to be a "Rainbow Girl" and this was part of what we wore to special events.) Usually, a crinoline is used in place of a hoop skirt. They also oftentimes have an under or upper layer of tulle. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this dress! Of course, I would expect nothing less of you ;-)
AquariJenn said... (5/2/08 2:48 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress! Your daughter is lucky to have such a talented mother. :)
Heatherrique said... (5/2/08 2:22 PM) Reply
Enchanting and en-trancing! Your dress is a wonderful work of art! Thanks for sharing, Brigitte!
MelissaB in WA said... (5/2/08 12:05 PM) Reply
There really are no words to describe how incredible the dress is Birgitte - amazing!!!! You're daughter is so blessed to have a mom like you!
Peggy L said... (5/2/08 11:11 AM) Reply
poppyq said... (5/1/08 11:20 PM) Reply
This is so fabulous!!!! An inspiration.
solosmocker said... (5/1/08 10:25 PM) Reply
jhansby said... (5/1/08 9:55 PM) Reply
Gold said... (5/1/08 6:46 PM) Reply
That is so beautiful!!Great job!
Marji said... (5/1/08 4:48 PM) Reply
This dress is a knock-out! Absolutely beautiful. I've really enjoyed watching the process as it's gone together - and you're right - this was FAST! Thank you for taking the time out to document the whole process and share it with us.
edupraz said... (5/1/08 1:11 PM) Reply
So gorgeous! Your daughter has amazing taste to choose this dress design, and she has an amazing mom for creating the dress!
Luckylibbet said... (5/1/08 12:22 PM) Reply
FANTASTIC - beyond words. Thanks for the link to your blog - wonderful photographic demos of the process.
yummymummy38 said... (5/1/08 10:03 AM) Reply
that dress is so couture! I saw it and thought Sabrina/Hepburn straight away. Gorgeous
cindyann said... (5/1/08 8:22 AM) Reply
My goodness that's amazing. You have fantastic draping skills. I'm really impressed. Just really, really lovely.
Clareew said... (5/1/08 8:12 AM) Reply
WOW how fabulous, your daughter is a very lucky girl!
ITAdmin said... (5/1/08 7:37 AM) Reply
You've created a wonderful dress. Your family is indeed fortunate to have you to sew for them. Looking forward to seeing pictures of this on the "model."
KathleenS said... (5/1/08 7:08 AM) Reply
How did you make this in 8 days?!! It's gorgeous. What is your daughter planning to wear it for?
Athene said... (5/1/08 4:36 AM) Reply
Oh my goodness - this dress is so fabulous - a true fantasy dress for your DD. Loved your review and all the pictures and details of the construction process.
Erica B. said... (5/1/08 1:56 AM) Reply
That dress is absolutely exquisite!
Sew4Fun said... (5/1/08 1:19 AM) Reply
Absolutely, positively STUNNING!!! Good luck in the contest.
hongkongshopper said... (4/30/08 11:37 PM) Reply
Absolutely beautiful!!!
cindy-lou said... (4/30/08 11:27 PM) Reply
Seeing your dress made my jaw drop. BEAUTIFUL! Those folks with dresses in the FIT museum have got nothin' on you. Seriously... beautiful beyond words.
Mahler said... (4/30/08 10:22 PM) Reply
Oh la la ! This is another piece of art coming from your sewing room. This dress is impressive by it's beauty. It also triggers admiration for all the love and worked put in it. Congratulations !
Gelbean said... (4/30/08 10:16 PM) Reply
This dress is gorgeous. Your dd has great taste and you have great talent and vision. Fantastic job!
AmyABQ said... (4/30/08 9:30 PM) Reply
WOW WOW WOW!!!!! What a labor of love, talent and wonderful memories for both you and your daughter. The dress needs to be preserved and passed down.
Nancy K said... (4/30/08 9:24 PM) Reply
What an incredible dress! Your dd is a very lucky girl!
Jill Giard said... (4/30/08 9:17 PM) Reply
Just gorgeous! What a masterpiece!
Tiner W said... (4/30/08 8:54 PM) Reply
This is stunning! I'm speechless!
Mary Stiefer said... (4/30/08 8:50 PM) Reply
Looking at this beautiful dress we can all tell you are an advanced sewer. How beautiful and there are so many beautiful details to make it special. I'm sure your daughter will love it.
LindsayT said... (4/30/08 8:47 PM) Reply
Omigosh, omigosh, omigosh, this is stunning!! I just made my own teen DD come and look at it. Her words: "That dress is so cool!" Well done, Birgitte!
Kay Y said... (4/30/08 8:20 PM) Reply
Another stunning project from you! Beautiful dress - I too would love to see a picture of your daughter wearing it...
AnneM said... (4/30/08 7:53 PM) Reply
Congratulations on the dress. I like the shoulder bows being slightly forward; it is a very nice detail. I'm definitely not thinking I would want to tackle a dress like that at this point (not to mention that I don't have any reason to have a dress like that).
mylittleelephant said... (4/30/08 7:48 PM) Reply
Wow this is amazing........your daughter is a lucky one! It is fun to follow your construction process, so much informations there, thanks for the review, can't wait to see the picture on your daughter!
Kellie R. said... (4/30/08 7:46 PM) Reply
This is beautiful beyond words. What a special dress that your daughter will surely treasure forever. Thanks for the detailed review. Just fantastic!

by: mimi g.