Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1027 (Very Easy Very Vogue Dress)

Reviewed by:Nancy K

Posted on:5/15/08 11:13 AM
Last Updated:5/17/08 7:43 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 27 people

Karenino said... (5/19/09 2:30 PM) Reply
Thanks for your great review. I am just about to make this and I'm wondering how you did your FBA for this pattern.
MareeAlison said... (11/25/08 7:33 AM) Reply
Good review and a very nice dress. thank you.
Aunt Gail said... (9/19/08 9:11 PM) Reply
I am becoming a big time Nancy K review fan! (Blush) Your reviews are straight forward but also have such a personal touch. We are lucky to have you in our sewing community. I especially enjoy it when you put in few extra pix to demonstrate what you are doing, whoever does your pix is Spot on!
AuntieShel said... (5/21/08 10:07 AM) Reply
Your dress is amazing--fits you perfectly. Thank you for the informative review.
Meggie LuLu said... (5/17/08 3:21 PM) Reply
WOW!!!!! That looks amazing!!!! Great job!!!!!
Erica B. said... (5/17/08 2:09 PM) Reply
Nancy, that dress looks stunning on you! Beautiful choice of fabric!
Heatherrique said... (5/17/08 11:34 AM) Reply
Nancy, your dress looks high end couture and absolutely sensational! Congratulations to your son on his achievements! You certainly were the most chic mom of the graduates!
Sweetiebop said... (5/17/08 10:38 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress and fabric. It compliments you well.
Leora said... (5/17/08 10:19 AM) Reply
Thank you for a great review, very helpful on the seam allowance issue. You look marvelous! Very pretty dress
Nancywin said... (5/17/08 9:44 AM) Reply
Beautiful dress, Nancy. The style is very flattering. I share your frustration with the pattern instructions for knits in the big 4 - and with the excessive ease. Why do they bother to put size charts on the patterns and then have SO much ease that you can go 2 sizes smaller? Your knit sounds yummy - wish I could feel it!
Marji said... (5/16/08 6:57 PM) Reply
It Looks great on you. It goes with your SWAP collection too, doesnt' it? Aside from the construction directions, you don't recommend any other mods? As soon as I can stand at my sewing table this one is on my list. Did you use clear elastic in the long neck edge?
layla said... (5/16/08 3:23 PM) Reply
Beautiful on you and love the fabric ..
Mahogany Stylist said... (5/16/08 2:10 PM) Reply
Lovely dress.
Larkin said... (5/16/08 12:53 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! Congrats on 2 grads!
Luckylibbet said... (5/16/08 11:01 AM) Reply
One classy dress! Very simple, elegant, timeless. And thanks for the heads up on the instructions - although I'm definitely getting used to doing my own thing instead.
LindsayT said... (5/16/08 9:32 AM) Reply
Nancy, this dress looks great on you. Very youthful!
DorothyK said... (5/16/08 9:20 AM) Reply
Very attractive. Great review.
cindyann said... (5/16/08 8:34 AM) Reply
Very nice! I have this on my "to do" list. Thank you for the tips on construction.
carolynw said... (5/16/08 8:20 AM) Reply
Lovely dress Nancy - you look tres elegant
Debbie Cook said... (5/16/08 7:12 AM) Reply
Great dress on you!! I definitely think you should make more. Congrats on the kids' graduations!
hongkongshopper said... (5/15/08 11:35 PM) Reply
Very flattering dress. Fits in well with your SWAP wardrobe too I bet!
Mahler said... (5/15/08 10:03 PM) Reply
Nancy, I love that dress on you. It falls so perfectly. You did an excellent sewing work with that pattern. The neck line seams to fall not too low. When I looked at the pattern photos, I thought it would plunge to deep into my little breast. What do you think ? Thank you for this great review.
Ann Smith said... (5/15/08 6:34 PM) Reply
Lovely dress. Looks great on you!
Barbara V said... (5/15/08 6:08 PM) Reply
Great job. You look very lovely!
Kellie R. said... (5/15/08 4:53 PM) Reply
It is very pretty. I like the drape and your fabric works well with the style. THanks for the info.
Sigrid. said... (5/15/08 4:08 PM) Reply
Very elegant. It's great on you, love the fabric too. And congrats on you son's graduation.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (5/15/08 3:54 PM) Reply
Beautiful dress on you Nancy, love the fabric and its drape is perfect for this style. Great review tips.
nellc said... (5/15/08 3:51 PM) Reply
This dress looks really lovely on you, it is a very flattering style as you say and I have bought this pattern because of the good reviews it has received here.
Athene said... (5/15/08 3:47 PM) Reply
A simple yet elegant look. You look lovely. Thank you for all the helpful sewing tips.
Gold said... (5/15/08 1:30 PM) Reply
You great!Great job!
mahalosu said... (5/15/08 1:30 PM) Reply
You look very classy!
Birgitte said... (5/15/08 1:27 PM) Reply
You look so beautiful! That dress really brings out your femininity. Perfect shoes and necklace as well.
EveS said... (5/15/08 1:25 PM) Reply
Ooh, this IS pretty! And VERY flattering! You are fabulous at choosing the perfect pattern for your figure (not that it's a difficult figure to flatter). Love this pattern...gonna have to put it on the wishlist.
BeckyC said... (5/15/08 1:07 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress on you. The fabric is perfect for the style. Thanks for the review as I've been contemplating making this pattern for an upcoming wedding. I think I will now.
Mermie said... (5/15/08 12:51 PM) Reply
This dress looks great on you! I've been eye-balling this one but the sleeves kept me from getting it. Your rendition of this dress convinced me to get it. Great job.
pterion said... (5/15/08 12:42 PM) Reply
This is a lovely dress. Very becoming on you!
Christina Sonja said... (5/15/08 12:34 PM) Reply
You got a great result with this pattern! Your review is very helpful as I'm in the middle of making this myself. I think I'll omit the sleeve facings and just turn under & stitch like you did.
Twinset said... (5/15/08 11:38 AM) Reply
Very flattering dress on you! Your fabric looks very classy and I love the drape!

by: Missland1