Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 5529 (Woman's Day Collection)

Reviewed by:Lisa Laree

About Lisa Lareestarstarstarstar
Posted on:5/5/08 10:46 PM
Last Updated:5/5/08 10:46 PM

lilyofthevalley said... (5/8/08 11:41 AM) Reply
I've had my eye on this jacket pattern for some time, wondering whether it would suit my body type. Your photo encourages me and I might need to take the plunge. I think it's prettier on you than you realize. -Lily
Luckylibbet said... (5/7/08 11:34 AM) Reply
I think it looks great. I really love the fabric and it suits the style very well.
Lisa Laree said... (5/6/08 8:47 PM) Reply
It could be a top, but it doesn't have any just wraps and is held in place by a belt or sash. But it's unstructured enough that it seems to be more of a shirt-jacket than a real coat. (and I like the idea of wearing it with I need a red belt ;) )
ggexpansive said... (5/6/08 7:54 PM) Reply
hi,i like it. i have got a question on the pattern envelop it looked like this could be a top or a jacket, having sewn it do you think so? also i think it would look nice with a lower tank style in red with a red belt and pumps, but thats me:)
wvsher said... (5/6/08 12:20 PM) Reply
I think it looks very nice on you, and it's a snazzy looking jacket. Thanks for the review!
Barbara V said... (5/6/08 10:38 AM) Reply
I agree with Busy Mom....this jacket suits your body type and looks fantastic with jeans. Also the chunky wide belt works with this jacket and looks good on you!
Frogstitcher said... (5/6/08 9:23 AM) Reply
Your shape is just fine for this jacket. I think you've done a wonderful job throwing this on over jeans and accessorizing with a black belt.
Lisa Laree said... (5/6/08 8:46 AM) Reply
I tried the sash; part of the reason for the wide belt is that it hides the seam better. (which is lowish in front and highish in back). Plus the more structured belt holds it together better. But if I put a hook on the front somehow, I might get away with the sash; it also didn't help that the waistband on the jeans I'm wearing in that photo hit just below the waistline seam on the jacket. But I really don't feel *bad* about it...just not *wonderful* ;)
carolynw said... (5/6/08 8:41 AM) Reply
I like the jacket Lisa - I wonder if using a less contrasting and narrower belt may make you feel better about it?
Understanding Interfacings