Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2849 (Vogue Bridal Original (OOP))

Reviewed by:simokon

About simokon
Member since: 9/10/07
Posted on:5/11/08 10:16 PM
Last Updated:5/12/08 4:35 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Mandolin82 said... (5/15/08 1:14 AM) Reply
Oh, so beautiful!!!!!!! And how amazing that you are done this soon before the wedding. Way to go!!!!!!
EveS said... (5/13/08 10:15 PM) Reply
What a beautiful dress! I just love the addition of color (always thought that was very cool) with the bow. You did a fabulous job on your dress and the photo diary of the process was great, too. Please, please post pics after the wedding! :)
LindsayT said... (5/13/08 4:49 PM) Reply
Incredible! I don't know what else to say but...incredible!
anncie1 said... (5/13/08 9:44 AM) Reply
WOW! Nice Job, now rest your fingers!
Mary Stiefer said... (5/12/08 11:15 PM) Reply
I'm glad I checked back. Got to see your pictures and I agree with all that is said here. What a wonderful creation and your review was very helpful. Thanks again for giving us the pleasure of seeing this beautiful gown.
ButtonFaith said... (5/12/08 10:22 PM) Reply
First of all...congratulations on getting your dress done WAY in advance! What wonderful changes you made to the origianl pattern. You PERFECTED the look of the gown, not only with the raised sash in the front but using a contrast color. I admire your perseverance and attention to detail in making the dress to fit YOU. GREAT, GREAT job! Hope your wedding is equally spectacular!
simokon said... (5/12/08 9:50 PM) Reply
I broke the link trying to fix the poorly-cropped thumbnail. Should be fixed now. Sorry!
Dei said... (5/12/08 9:47 PM) Reply
Stunning and you will be a stunning bride. What patience to struggle through for 8 solid months. But you will shine on your big day. Love the bodice and the fabric color for the bow compliments and makes a statement. Well done.
rozzybabe said... (5/12/08 7:02 PM) Reply
You did a super job! I've looked at this style for bridal business. Got lots of great advice now! Take off on RTW was super!!
simokon said... (5/12/08 6:53 PM) Reply
Robbie Jo said... (5/12/08 6:53 PM) Reply
Having made a couple of wedding dresses in my life (including my own), I am completely and thoroughly impressed with the work you put into this and the outstanding result! YES, we want pix of the wedding!!!
solosmocker said... (5/12/08 5:30 PM) Reply
Excellent review! I also am getting the same error message. I would love to see your gown. I love that you used blue for the sash.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/12/08 5:08 PM) Reply
I would love to see the whole thing but everytime I click on the project photo this is what I get "Google Error Not Found The requested URL /Dumpsterboy/SCionfEsPHI/AAAAAAAABz0/2jMBsMyYs4Y/Picture%20041_square.jpg was not found on this server.
LorrieAnn said... (5/12/08 4:52 PM) Reply
Absolutely gorgeous!
nancy2001 said... (5/12/08 2:53 PM) Reply
Simokon, gorgeous dress. You will be a beautiful bride on your wedding day.
Luckylibbet said... (5/12/08 11:32 AM) Reply
Wow, for you - and you're done in plenty of time! Your dress came out FANTASTIC! All your hard work resulted in an awesome wedding gown. Congratulations!
carolynw said... (5/12/08 8:41 AM) Reply
This a major beautiful gown and please - please - give us pictures of the wedding day in August - congratulations on doing such a wonderful job.
cindyann said... (5/12/08 7:50 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Really, really beautiful. So much work, eh? Well worth it though. Please post your wedding pics after the happy day. I'm sure you are going to look fantastic in this beautiful dress.
simokon said... (5/12/08 2:23 AM) Reply
Oops, failed to mention that the dress is for me. Wedding is in August.
CatMukai said... (5/11/08 11:38 PM) Reply
Wow! Good job and you put so much work into it! It reminds me of Disney's Cinderella where the little birds tie the bow on the back of her dress. Perfect!
AmyABQ said... (5/11/08 11:14 PM) Reply
How Lovely - How Beautiful you should be so proud of yourself that you made such a wonderful dress for such a special day
Puppy said... (5/11/08 11:08 PM) Reply
Very, VERY lovely!
carolineG said... (5/11/08 10:21 PM) Reply
Wow... Im awed at the amount of work you put into this! Who was the dress for? What was her reaction?? IT looks beautiful, really dreamy... well done!

Sure-Fit Designs Dress Kit