Online Sewing Class: Perfectly Fitted Shirt

Pattern Reviews> Master Pattern Book> Making Handbags (Clutch bag and drawstring bag)

Reviewed by:Deepika

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Other Projects by Deepika using this Pattern

photophotophoto
Deepika said... (7/2/03 9:31 AM) Reply
Pam it is mostly tote bags but there is a separate section on Clutch bags which is my favorite. Then at the end there is a design gallery in which they just take one pattern of each in the book and show you numerous designs! I am planning to make this clutch bag assembly line ;-) great for gifts.
PamJr said... (7/1/03 2:42 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review, Deepika. And what a cute purse. Now I may have to get this book. From the chapter headings I thought it was mostly totebags, evening bags, etc.
Deepika said... (6/30/03 10:05 AM) Reply
Els very interesting website. Thanks! Now I want those beaded bags :-)
els said... (6/29/03 9:46 PM) Reply
what a nice bag you made I will put this book on my wishlist.You will enjoy the website of the handbag and purse museum,it is a dutch museum which covers fivehundred years development of the handbag http://www.tassenmuseum.nl/ you can read the website in English, German, French and ofcourse in Dutch
Barbara H said... (6/29/03 6:26 PM) Reply
Deepika - just adorable! When I was in LA this week, I met a handbag designer at Michael Levine's . . . which I did a review on last week. She told me she designs for celebrities . . . as of the trend is to not have to dress up to go out yet they want a smashing handbag that adds some fun to their casual oufits. While she sews on an industrial machine and uses fine leathers, she shared her most current project with me . . . a beautiful buttery light green leather. She picked an adorable cotton miniprint with tiny watermelons on it for the lining. While she wouldn't reveal who it was for, we'll have to keep our eyes out to see if we can spot a star with a purse like that! : )
GorgeousFabrics said... (6/29/03 4:15 PM) Reply
Love it, Deepika! You've inspired me to get going on a bag that I have in my pattern stash! -Ann
Georgene said... (6/29/03 3:38 PM) Reply
Really nice, Deepika. It's enough to give you "bag lust"! Oh dear, it's catching!
MaryBeth said... (6/29/03 3:32 PM) Reply
Oh, Deepika, that is so beautiful

StyleArc Tamara Knit Top