Pattern Reviews> Self Drafted Pattern> 90338-1003 (Cream Linen Trousers)

Reviewed by:lilyofthevalley

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 16 people

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Winifred said... (5/31/08 6:05 PM) Reply
Not much more I can add Lily, except that I too think they are a perfect fit and that the closeup of the fabric was well worth seeing. If I get my pants to fit like that eventually..............!
trinicity said... (5/31/08 5:16 PM) Reply
awesome pants, it looks great on you
michellep74 said... (5/31/08 4:46 PM) Reply
Gorgeous trousers with an absolutely perfect fit! Who cares if they're not "trendy"--these are a timeless classic!
DorothyK said... (5/31/08 1:52 PM) Reply
Perfect pants. Impeccable work.
ClaireC said... (5/31/08 1:37 PM) Reply
Another picture perfect garment that is perfectly sewn and fits you beautifully.
Mufffet said... (5/31/08 12:10 PM) Reply
Again, BEAUTIFUL...what gorgeous fabric.
HawkeMorningStar7 said... (5/31/08 12:08 PM) Reply
Super pants, great fit, DH Keith is right, they are FAB, love the linen too.
Kay Y said... (5/31/08 11:58 AM) Reply
The pants are perfect - no surprise there - but what really strikes me about your review is the lovely wallpaper pattern pieces. What a great idea!
cmarie12 said... (5/31/08 10:22 AM) Reply
What a wonderful pair of pants! I love how you transferred the pattern to wallpaper - what a great tip! And I agree with Annette that these are true classics! Lovely, simply lovely!!!
BeckyC said... (5/31/08 9:04 AM) Reply
Lily, your pants are beautiful on you. I wouldn't change the pant width either. Thank you for all of the great tips you shared in this review.
rockontinyrebel said... (5/31/08 8:12 AM) Reply
Those pants look just perfect on you. I can't wait until my sewing and patternmaking skills are a fraction as good as yours so I can feel comfortable using such amazing, luxurious fabrics! You have such great taste!
CarolynGM said... (5/31/08 8:12 AM) Reply
I think have attained the holy grail of perfect pants! Thanks for the wallpaper tip -- never would have thought to do that.
carolynw said... (5/31/08 8:11 AM) Reply
These pants fit you perfectly - if I had a pattern that fit like this then I would say to heck with being fashion forward - not sure why you think these aren't when they look so perfect on you.
Fran G said... (5/31/08 8:02 AM) Reply
Lovely work, Lily! The fabric looks really wonderful as do your pants!
hongkongshopper said... (5/31/08 7:48 AM) Reply
Why change something that works so well for you? Unless you want to try something a bit different. You could just try widening your TNT a bit in a cheaper fabric and see what you think.
Rustybobn said... (5/31/08 7:43 AM) Reply
Beautiful fabric, pants, construction, everything! I love the cheerful wallpaper pattern, too. What a good idea! Thanks.
halleyscomet said... (5/31/08 7:26 AM) Reply
Very stylish, designer looking slacks. I wouldn't change a thing! Your pattern pcs. were laid out on a grid board. Where can I get one of those?
Kbenco said... (5/31/08 5:57 AM) Reply
Lily, your husband has the right idea. These are classic, stylish trousers and look wonderful in the luxurious linen you have used. You realize that you are responsible for a severe dose of fabric lust after describing this wonderful linen!
Sew4Fun said... (5/31/08 4:59 AM) Reply
Beautiful trousers, Lily. Prepasted wallpaper, how ingenious! And cute too! :) The pretty paper pattern would put me in sewing mood any day.
Karen8320 said... (5/31/08 4:25 AM) Reply
Lily, they look great! When you have a pants pattern that you KNOW fits and works well, why would you change things? I'm always impressed and inspired by your sewing! Well done.
willowsmum said... (5/31/08 3:45 AM) Reply
Beautifully tailored trousers that fit the way trousers should, not too tight which will spoil the lines....don't you mess with them, I also have a pattern that I love. I bet they are really comfortable which is a bonus as well as being stylish.
JMarie1962 said... (5/31/08 1:26 AM) Reply
These pants are so beautiful and classic. As to "not very fashion forward", why mess with perfection? :)
lmg said... (5/31/08 0:28 AM) Reply
Your DH is wise. Those pants are just perfect for you and in double-faced linen to boot. Wow.
Kaitlinnegan said... (5/31/08 0:23 AM) Reply
Just beautiful! Your husband has the right idea - sometimes the classics are best. Especially with such a wonderful fabric, you don't want something that will be "out" in a couple of seasons.
Annette1 said... (5/31/08 0:23 AM) Reply
Lily, these are PERFECT. I admit it: I'm envious of that double-faced linen, HIGHLY envious! Perhaps by "not very fashion forward" you mean "a true classic," because that's exactly what these are. I love seeing all the close-up details in your pictures. Your workmanship is impeccable, as always. VERY CLASSY! Oh, and I almost forgot: GREAT idea to use wallpaper for your TNT patterns. I'm going to try that myself. I have a Burda pants pattern that if very similar to your pants, and that pattern has seen better days, to put it mildly. I still use it though, so thanks fo r the tip!

More Knits