Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4549 (Summer blouses/tops)

Reviewed by:vespabelle

About vespabellestar
OR USA
Member since: 9/18/03
Posted on:6/14/08 6:54 PM

vespabelle said... (6/16/08 1:45 AM) Reply
wvsher, just to clarify, it's a stretch woven not a stretch knit.
wvsher said... (6/15/08 9:40 AM) Reply
Very cute tops -- I really like the red one in stretch cotton. With your tweaking it turned out very nice even though the pattern isn't designed for stretch knits. Great job!
Ronda Rae said... (6/15/08 9:13 AM) Reply
They look nice. I enjoyed your pictures with the comments- halitosis : ) I'm not sure what a self threading needle is but I will look it up today because of you. See- I learned something! Great review and thorough.
Kim12469 said... (6/15/08 8:15 AM) Reply
Thank you for such an in depth review. I have this pattern sitting there waiting for me to make and I'm a 34G....I might just hold off for awhile based on your experience. Thanks again! They do look very nice on you.
Kaitlinnegan said... (6/14/08 11:12 PM) Reply
Very nice tops! I hear you on the fitting issues - it's so easy to over-correct. I bet with just one more version everything will just click into place. Even with your frustrations, both tops look great and will be cool to wear for summer!
Lesalicious said... (6/14/08 11:04 PM) Reply
You did great on both tops. Loving the colors to both. That stripe one probably would of scared me but, you did great. Looks nice.
Heatherrique said... (6/14/08 7:00 PM) Reply
Radical and groovy! Love that style and colors on you! This top seems to have lots of versatility! Thanks for sharing!

Beginner Sewing Lab 103 - A downloadable Book by Shannon Gifford