Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 06-2008-124 (T-shirt with front gathers)

Reviewed by:Karen6790

About Karen6790starstarstarstar
PA USA
Member since: 3/2/06
Posted on:6/17/08 10:02 PM
Last Updated:6/17/08 10:07 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 5 people    Very Helpful by 21 people
cindy-lou said... (6/19/08 6:55 PM) Reply
Wow! That's a really nice top. Very unique, with its ruching-style gathers and V-neck together in the same top. Wear it to Baltimore! ;)
nicegirl said... (6/19/08 11:56 AM) Reply
I was really curious how this one would come out. I like it! I'll put it on my sewing list for fall.
Sweetiebop said... (6/18/08 4:05 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. You gave me the final nudge on making this top. Yours is beautiful.
Marita Kinnula said... (6/18/08 3:55 PM) Reply
I love your shirt:-)
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/18/08 10:17 AM) Reply
I really like that top and your addition of sleeves makes it very work appropriate. Great job.
2BSewing said... (6/18/08 8:26 AM) Reply
Great looking knit top and fabric choice. Thanks for the review. :)
nellc said... (6/18/08 8:23 AM) Reply
Very nice top, and very nice fabric, your right about the photo in the magazine, it is very easy to overlook this top.
carolynw said... (6/18/08 8:12 AM) Reply
Very nice top - picked up avery similar pattern from Vogue yesterday - hope it will look as good as this.
Kbenco said... (6/18/08 7:23 AM) Reply
Your top makes this pattern look terrific. I really hope my BWOF comes soon, I am feeling very inspired about this top. Thank you
Ronda Rae said... (6/18/08 6:32 AM) Reply
Gorgeous! I love that fabric. This is a definite keeper. I will need to look at that pattern again.
squirrellypoo said... (6/18/08 6:21 AM) Reply
ooh yours is so nice!! This one really stuck out for me from the At A Glance sheet, I couldn't believe it was so overlooked in the photoshoot... So much space for changing around the sleeves, too!
Sigrid. said... (6/18/08 5:23 AM) Reply
Love it. Looks like a winner pattern. Must try this one too soon.
yorkshire lass said... (6/18/08 3:39 AM) Reply
Wow, what a gorgeous shirt. Love the fabric. This one is quite high up my list and moving higher with every new review.
michellep74 said... (6/18/08 0:38 AM) Reply
Very cute top! I think I need to add this one to my to-sew list!
Karen8320 said... (6/17/08 11:23 PM) Reply
Karen, this looks great! Your fabric, together with the design, make this into a really classy and stylish top. Very nice work!
AnneMarie60 said... (6/17/08 11:17 PM) Reply
Great job! I love your fabric choice.
Lori V said... (6/17/08 11:06 PM) Reply
Cute shirt, I totally missed this one in the magazine. Thanks for pointing it out!
Sew4Fun said... (6/17/08 10:55 PM) Reply
I love this! I'm still waiting for my June BWOF to arrive but when it does I'm definitely making this top, after reading your review.
cabinbaby said... (6/17/08 10:37 PM) Reply
Oh, I really like this! I saw this pattern on the website and was not too gung-ho about it either. But with the last two reviews, I've seen, I really like it! Hopefully, I'll receive my June issue soon and can start cranking some things out.
LindsayT said... (6/17/08 10:32 PM) Reply
I really like this. I might be persuaded to buy this issue of BWOF if it ever makes it my B&N!
Gelbean said... (6/17/08 10:27 PM) Reply
I love your version of this top. I am inspired by your fabric choice and will keep it in mind when I sew up my Fall/Winter (sleeves) version.
Meggie LuLu said... (6/17/08 10:26 PM) Reply
What a CUTE shirt!!! It looks SOOO NICE!!! I just LOVE it!!!
Speech girl said... (6/17/08 10:15 PM) Reply
Lovely top--thanks for the review. This is one of many from the June issue that I want to sew . . . glad to hear that it sews up easily.

Deer&Doe Plantain T-shirt