Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 2797 (Figure skating dress)

Reviewed by:JEF

About JEFstarstarstar
Member since: 7/27/05
Posted on:6/21/08 11:08 AM
Last Updated:6/21/08 6:14 PM
See other patterns in this category: Costumes    Activewear

RachelStonebreaker said... (6/14/11 2:37 PM) Reply
You did a terrific job with the modifications. I loved your explanations. Thanks! And the stars are PERFECT. What a terrific idea.
dreamdesigner said... (4/26/09 6:14 PM) Reply
WOW! I know you posted this almost a year ago, and you'll probably never see my comment. I'm here BTW, via the one pattern contest. (you've done some awsome things for your dd, and more than likely saved yourself a TON of money!) Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that that is an awsome costume. I've made some pretty elaborate Halloween costumes, but none out of LYCRA - Yikes!!! Awesome, awesome job!
JEF said... (7/22/08 6:09 PM) Reply
So sorry for the confusion - no, my daughter did not skate with Lynda Carter. The show was with Lynda Carter is what I meant :)
LindsayT said... (6/22/08 10:38 PM) Reply
Fantastic and fun!
Heatherrique said... (6/22/08 2:59 PM) Reply
Wow! Magical costume! Beautiful!
meli88a said... (6/22/08 12:35 PM) Reply
this is awesome! And you daughter got to skate with Linda Carter?!
cindyann said... (6/22/08 10:46 AM) Reply
Perfect! That looks so awesome. She is adorable.
Sew4Fun said... (6/22/08 1:42 AM) Reply
Great outfit! I see many more skating costumes in your future.
Peacock Chic said... (6/22/08 0:18 AM) Reply
You did a wonderful job on that skating costume. I was singing the theme song the whole time. I just love her face in the picture!
jhansby said... (6/22/08 0:06 AM) Reply
Looks like mom is Wonderwoman!! So adorable...great job!!
cindy-lou said... (6/21/08 10:21 PM) Reply
Gotta agree with everyone before me-- what a FANTASTIC-looking skating costume, what a creative design, and what a wonderful mom for making it all happen! You should be very proud, and save this one for the next generation of skaters in your family. :)
JEF said... (6/21/08 9:20 PM) Reply
Thank you all for the kind comments. You've made my day! :)
Debbie Cook said... (6/21/08 6:38 PM) Reply
Great outfit!! How creative, professional looking and pretty!
CarolynGM said... (6/21/08 3:52 PM) Reply
Your little Wonder Woman looks so cute in her skating costume.
Johsews said... (6/21/08 2:37 PM) Reply
Oh we LOVE Wonder Woman in my family- my sister dressed as her for Halloween and we watched every episode. You did a beautiful job on the costume and I'm sure you'll be inspired to create more fun outfits. Congrats to you and your daughter!
Annette1 said... (6/21/08 1:56 PM) Reply
It's a bird! It's a plane! No, it's WONDER WOMAN! Okay, maybe I got my superheros a little mixed up, but YOU'RE the real superhero here, designing this fabulous little costume for your lovely daughter! As soon as I clicked on the thumbnail, I thought, it's Wonder Woman! :o) There's no small measure of the love, time, thought and creativeness that you've put into this outfit, and I know your daughter appreciates it. This is a keepsake! I wish I'd saved the little skating skirts my mom made for me when I was little. Great review!
Morisot said... (6/21/08 1:56 PM) Reply
You did a fantastic job with the costume. It is perfect for your little skater. Bravo.
Luckylibbet said... (6/21/08 1:03 PM) Reply
Very creative! And you're right, it's so liberating. I had the same experience sewing skating costumes for my DD. And the joy spills over into all your other projects as well. Great job!
sewbehind said... (6/21/08 12:11 PM) Reply
I love action shots! Great job and our daughter looks pretty powerful on the ice.
cabinbaby said... (6/21/08 12:07 PM) Reply
WOW!!! I love this outfit and your changes made it perfect! What a lucky daughter you have.
avancleve said... (6/21/08 11:28 AM) Reply
This is adorable! How creative. As a figure skater myself, I have sewn many costumes. It is always such a pleasure when they turn out perfectly.
jennikatten said... (6/21/08 11:24 AM) Reply
Your costume is so creative. I never would've thought of that. Good luck to your daughter.
Elona said... (6/21/08 11:22 AM) Reply
Awwww, what a cute outfit--and an adorable little girl!

Other none