Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 4745 (Lifestyle Wardrobe)

Reviewed by:Irene Q

About Irene Qstarstarstarstar
Member since: 3/19/04
Posted on:6/21/08 11:38 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Aunt Gail said... (7/2/08 2:20 AM) Reply
YOu have a GREAT smile, and the color seemed okay, but I do agree with you. Despite your best efforts the pattern is just not for you. I am right behind you in the line Low Necklines NOT for ME Club! You gave a good analysis of the pattern.
Annette1 said... (6/23/08 6:21 PM) Reply
Well, for my two cents, I say it looks great, so enjoy it! This has always been one of my favorite patterns (although I've not made it). Your info will come in very handy. I don't like tops that are too low either. I figure everybody KNOWS I'm busty, so I don't care to advertise it.
gatorgirl4325 said... (6/23/08 2:56 PM) Reply
I do like the color on you - thanks for the warnings and helpful advice.
OP Gal said... (6/22/08 4:49 PM) Reply
Very helpful. It sounds like you've learned enough about sewing this top for yourself that you will probably find the next try a better fit.
Danvillegirl said... (6/22/08 7:36 AM) Reply
I can appreciate choosing the wrong fabric. I think we all do that from time to time. The color is lovely on you. I think it is a doable pattern for you when you find the right fabric.
Sweetiebop said... (6/22/08 0:11 AM) Reply
Irene wouldn't you love it if the pattern photo actually had a variety of body shapes modeled so we would know when we see it "Stop that's not for you" that would help alot and keep us from not liking something which is actually cute. Great color hope you had enough fabric to make you something else.
Sherril Miller said... (6/21/08 10:11 PM) Reply
Irene, my first reaction was that you used a size too large. Then when I read what size you used, yikes. I think if you made it a smaller size and enlarged right where you need too, you would have better luck.
Karla Kizer said... (6/21/08 9:25 PM) Reply
My reaction was like Luckylibbet's - hey, cute top, great color, very flattering. I'm sorry you're not completely satisfied with it. From here, it looks wonderful.
Debbie Cook said... (6/21/08 9:02 PM) Reply
It is cute and I agree the color is great. Too bad it wasn't what you had hoped to get with the pattern.
RuthieSews said... (6/21/08 6:15 PM) Reply
Looks quite good to me, but I know what you mean about necklines coming too low, its hard to get the happy medium :-)
CarolynGM said... (6/21/08 3:50 PM) Reply
Great save. The top ended up looking quite nice in the photo.
dr. liz said... (6/21/08 2:47 PM) Reply
Irene, your "didn't work" would be a "works great" for me. I agree, it's very flattering in color and design. You can always wear a cami underneath.
Luckylibbet said... (6/21/08 12:59 PM) Reply
So sorry to hear you don't like it! My first thought on seeing the photo was "OOOh, another cute top from Irene." FWIW, I think it looks great.
sewbehind said... (6/21/08 12:13 PM) Reply
I think the colour and cut of the pattern looks very nice on you. I think it is worth tweaking to get it there. I personally did several knit muslins of a twist top to get it just where I wanted it to be.
Learn To Sew said... (6/21/08 12:13 PM) Reply
I would say you gave it your best shot, but this pattern is not up to your fab standards. I do like the color on you, though. Thanks for reviewing something that did not work out for you.
The Technique of Underlining Garments
The Technique of Underlining Garments

Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

Colette Patterns Meringue

by: Roxthinks

TROUSER DRAFT - A CD book by Kenneth King

TROUSER DRAFT - A CD book by Kenneth King

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

Sew Chic Cloche Hat Pattern (ln101)

by: Nessahux