Online Sewing Class: Bust Adjustments

Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5030 (Misses Dress, Belt and Sash)

Reviewed by:edot

About edotstar
IL USA
Member since: 1/9/06
Posted on:6/23/08 10:25 PM
Last Updated:6/23/08 10:30 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
sharkycharming said... (11/29/10 3:02 PM) Reply
Thanks for your very helpful review. I am a beginner and I love wrap dresses so I'd like to give this a shot. And I added you as a favorite because you rock the Fluevogs!
nicegirl said... (6/25/08 10:19 AM) Reply
I like that you decided to leave the bodice loose! I think it looks great on you like that. Hopefully your next knit project will be a little easier out of the envelope!
VintageViolet said... (6/25/08 5:55 AM) Reply
It sounds like a lot of hard work went into this dress but I think it looks fabulous on you--very flattering!
edot said... (6/24/08 6:08 PM) Reply
I wondered about the knit/woven option too, wvsher--at least that's the excuse I'm using for having had troubles!
wvsher said... (6/24/08 3:20 PM) Reply
Nice job on the dress, and pretty kitty! Oddly, this pattern lists both stretch and non-stretch fabrics as possible choices -- I think this is a flaw in the pattern drafting, and it's not your fault you had trouble with it. Butterick should have either sized it for knits or wovens, not tried to combine them in one pattern.
Annette1 said... (6/24/08 2:13 PM) Reply
All of your modifications paid off, as you've got a lovely dress out of the bargain (AND a cherished cat bed). Great job!
suzanrossi said... (6/24/08 10:10 AM) Reply
Your perseverance paid off! I learn a lot from trials such as this pattern seems to have been. Don't give up on knits - they can be very fun.
Sew Confused said... (6/23/08 11:20 PM) Reply
This turned out really well. I think you made a good choice to leave the bodice loose. It looks great; well done!

Pamela's Patterns T-Shirt Makeover Pattern