Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5214 (Perfect Tee)

Reviewed by:kellymailinglist

About kellymailinglist
Member since: 2/3/07
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:6/28/08 2:49 PM
Last Updated:6/28/08 3:11 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people

SewRetroChick said... (1/15/11 4:50 PM) Reply
Loved your picture comment! :) Peace!
Athene said... (7/21/08 10:19 PM) Reply
That is a really nice look - I love the fabric and the longer style you gave it looks so nice. I too also like your woodland friends.
Mary Stiefer said... (6/30/08 9:10 AM) Reply
Great job and cute picture, too.
Karla Kizer said... (6/29/08 9:46 AM) Reply
That looks perfect. Perfect and flattering. After your struggles with a sloper, the fit must have been a real thrill. Make more of these! I assume that little bluebirds and a fairy godmother draped the fabric for you . Bippety boppity boo.
Peggy L said... (6/29/08 9:39 AM) Reply
Nice job!!
kellymailinglist said... (6/29/08 8:21 AM) Reply
Hi dbsewer: I didn't add to the chest, but again, my fabric was very stretchy. With a more stable knit, I do believe I would have to. I'm a 38DD bra size and usually would have to do an FBA; however, this pattern doesn't have darts, so I have no idea how I'd do it anyway! Thanks everyone again for all the kind comments. You rock! Every single one of you!
Lynngray said... (6/29/08 1:11 AM) Reply
Great job. With your great review. I think I may buy the pattern also. Thanks
Elona said... (6/28/08 4:57 PM) Reply
Oooooh, nice tee! I love those colors. How nice that you enjoyed the pattern. Just a note: I do not find that LH patterns are cut for small-chested women! I have broad shoulders and a 38" bust, and her size S fits me fine.
Markie1 said... (6/28/08 4:24 PM) Reply
I know what you mean about needing a quick victory! How nice to find a pattern that you love--your picture is priceless! Make more of these, they are great!
dbsewer said... (6/28/08 4:23 PM) Reply
Love your shirt and great review. I'm trying to learn to use Photoshop so I'm impressed with your photos. Did you find you had to add to the bust? I hear LH cuts her patterns for small chested women so I wonder if this was an issue for you. It's a pattern I would definitely love to try.
Tiner W said... (6/28/08 3:45 PM) Reply
Nice shirt! I love your woodland photo!
kellymailinglist said... (6/28/08 3:06 PM) Reply
Hi Daria in PA: I changed it so that the linkns wouldn't have TinyURLs--I hope that helps. Kathi S: thanks for the kind words. I didn't find the sleeves too tight, but I must emphasize that the fabric I used was very stretchy. I could see that perhaps if you used a more stable knit, or even a traditional interlock, they could be tight.
kathi s said... (6/28/08 3:02 PM) Reply
Your review is soo cute! Aside from your woodland friends, your review is very complete and helpful. I've heard that LH designs are a bit tight in the sleeves- did you find that the case in your t-shirt? I have large upper arms and bicep fit is always a consideration for me. Thank you for the creative review!
Darla in PA said... (6/28/08 2:58 PM) Reply
I'm glad to hear you had good luck with this pattern. We all need a quick, easy project. I can't see any of your photos. My spy blockins software is blocking the tiny url. Happy Sewing!
Dee2 said... (6/28/08 2:56 PM) Reply
Beautiful shirt! The inside looks very nicely finished. Beautiful fabric choice--you look great in these color.

by: brandywine