Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias

Pattern Reviews> Pamela's Patterns> 104 (the perfect t shirt)

Reviewed by:Learn To Sew

About Learn To Sewstar
Member since: 4/12/05
Posted on:7/4/08 9:41 PM
Last Updated:7/5/08 10:03 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 4 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Learn To Sew said... (7/8/08 3:57 PM) Reply
I took the red shirt to my Mom's. We discovered if we take in the shoulder seams for a sloped shoulder 1/2 at the neckline, and taper down to 1/4 at the shoulder, the gapping in front almost completely disappears! It gapped quite a bit. I will also need to narrow the shoulders by 1/2 inch. I already know I need to shorten the armhole sleeve, F and B. So much to do in such a small area. Now it looks much better. I'll make a new tee in lime green with all the changes and do a review soon.
maryfrana said... (7/7/08 10:53 AM) Reply
I admire your perseverance in making this pattern work for you. I have tinkered with it, without success. Thanks for the review.
Learn To Sew said... (7/5/08 12:44 PM) Reply
Muffet, what is a shoulder template? Do you need help doing this or can it be done all by yourself? Hubby seldom has the time or ambition to assist me when I need something done at a certain time!
KathySews said... (7/5/08 9:45 AM) Reply
Carol, I am having similar issues with this t-shirt. Shoulders need to be shortened as much as an inch. I agree instructions are minimal, but I am also going to try again. Muffet - thanks for the tip about the class.
nancy2001 said... (7/5/08 6:48 AM) Reply
Carol, this is a good first tee shirt. I'm sure you'll be able to fine tune eventually. It took me several attempts before I got the fit I wanted.
Mufffet said... (7/5/08 0:04 AM) Reply
Carol, your tees look O.K. to me. If you took Shannon's class in making a muslin you would make a shoulder template. That would be OH SO helpful in making any top. Some of us...cough...like ME for instance, need more of a 10-12 in the shoulders and then right on up to a 20 by the time you get to the waist and down. So it really helps to have the template for shoulders. Do you do an FBA also? A bit of an FBA might aid in fitting the bodice as well. Then the class on Build a Better Tee is GREAT also. But you look like you are coming right along on this tee thing...I know how that goes! :)

Stretch & Sew 312