Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 2224 (Men's Briefs)

Viewed 1965 times
Reviewed by:goodworks1

About goodworks1star
Member since: 7/19/03
Posted on:3/25/05 5:41 PM
Last Updated:4/14/12 9:31 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Michelle T said... (3/25/05 11:40 PM) Reply
I have made these knickers out of powerdry and cool max fabrics for my hubby. In the summer he complains about getting sweaty, with the pairs I have made it is not an issue, even on the hottest days. He has commented that he likes a wider waistband elastic, more rtw looking. I should pull out the pattern again and make him some new ones before the hot weather arrives. I have resently bought quite a bit of powerdry and cool max that was being discontinued. I could even make matching t-shirts. Of course only he and I would know.
Hilary said... (3/25/05 7:38 PM) Reply
What a great review! I don't have *this* pattern, but I do have a couple others (1 KS and waiting on a Jalie) to try. Your DH is a lucky guy to have you making custom underwear! I hope I can make my Dh's look as nice as you did! I love the tip about the thrift store shirt, too! I'll have to go on 99cent Sunday :oP
Jay Cadiramen said... (7/11/04 7:23 PM) Reply
I LOVE the idea of buying old t-shirts from thrift shops... what a great way to get soft fabric with interesting prints! I'm going to follow this tip for sure!
Doris Stewart said... (3/19/04 9:43 AM) Reply
Great review! Very thorough and helpful. I've been making my own undies but hadn't considered making his. Someday when I want to impress, I'll give it a try. Thanks
Tonia Van Dyk said... (7/25/03 3:19 PM) Reply
Great review, and especially a great idea about marking the number on the back of the waistband! I'll have to keep that tip in mind.
Star said... (7/25/03 12:56 PM) Reply
Great review. Glad to know these are comfy. I've had this in my stash for a whileand having trouble finding manly fabric, thanks for tip.
Naomi said... (7/21/03 3:19 AM) Reply
He didn't want to model all eight pairs so you could walk us through the evolution of these, huh? At least he didn't Pigma Pen his comments onto the underwear! I'm somewhere in the middle of this pattern-tweaking process - thanks for your pointers.
Skye said... (7/20/03 5:00 AM) Reply
thanks for your great review I bought this pattern in a sale 2 weeks ago I will definately be giving it a go. My DH has trouble with the rtw ones not fitting around his buttocks so usually buys 2 sizes bigger to accomadate that and everywhere else looks saggy and baggy. The remedy is at hand and I love the suggestion re a little embelishment:)
Pam Z said... (7/20/03 1:08 AM) Reply
Welcome! Where's your model? ;)
goodworks1 said... (7/19/03 11:37 PM) Reply
Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad to be here...let's see, how many hours have I been reading here now??????!!!! It's just plain overwhelming! :D My next challenge will be to make undies for myself!!
AnneM said... (7/19/03 9:29 PM) Reply
Great suggestion on your fabric source! I haven't tried making underwear yet, although you & the others certainly make it sound rewarding. Thanks for the review, & welcome to Pattern Review.
Gigi Louis said... (7/19/03 9:24 PM) Reply
Great review! I too just started making underwear for my DH. This pattern is next on my list to try.
alex said... (7/19/03 9:17 PM) Reply
I really enjoyed your review!
goodworks1 said... (7/19/03 9:14 PM) Reply
Just wanted to say I'm GLAD I found this site today! Where else can you review the details of making your husband's underwear and have folks who understand!

Butterick B5672