Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 3800 (Twist Top)

Reviewed by:Gelbean

About Gelbeanstarstarstar
Member since: 2/17/08
Posted on:7/10/08 6:11 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 13 people

RobinMCPA said... (7/31/08 8:08 AM) Reply
Great top - nice colors for you, and thanks for the info on the knot instructions. I haven't tried one of the knot tops for fear I wouldn't be able to figure it out, so it's good to know the instructions are helpful (as I think I have this pattern in stash too.) Did you buy your fabric at the sale? I got my ITY there and ALMOST bought the same fabric you did. I love that ITY and would like to find more on sale!
Heatherrique said... (7/19/08 9:22 PM) Reply
Gorgeous and very flattering on you! Wow!
appleton78 said... (7/16/08 9:19 AM) Reply
Great review! I was looking at this pattern, I just hadn't "made the move" yet. You have inspired me to get moving on this. Your top looks just wonderful on you!
Athene said... (7/12/08 5:55 PM) Reply
Lovely results - a great top and you look great in it - plus the bonus of only one yard of fabric. I may have to try this pattern.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (7/12/08 1:46 AM) Reply
I just can't get enough of twist tops, this one is so pretty on you, really like the lettuce hem detail.
Mahogany Stylist said... (7/11/08 5:28 PM) Reply
Cute top and very flattering on you.
cweb said... (7/11/08 5:54 AM) Reply
What a gorgeous top. When I go through these reviews, any I really like I copy the picture and paste on my desktop. I am definitely going to put this one as a must have on my list. You did a great job!
Sew4Fun said... (7/11/08 2:49 AM) Reply
Fabulous top! I love your fabric!
JMarie1962 said... (7/11/08 1:36 AM) Reply
Super cute top! This is a pattern you can make over and over (and I hope you do!) Nice job
EveS said... (7/10/08 8:44 PM) Reply
VERY cute top!!! I love this pattern. I've made the dress and it's one of my favorite summer pieces! I was just considering doing up the top the other day. Great minds........ ;)
AngieC said... (7/10/08 5:58 PM) Reply
I love your top! The pattern style and the fabric look wonderful on you!
CynthiaSue said... (7/10/08 3:12 PM) Reply
cute. what a great basic idea. love the hem.
Annette1 said... (7/10/08 1:31 PM) Reply
Boy, this top pattern is worth the price of admission all by itself! I particularly like that while it may be somewhat low (it does NOT look too low, by the way, but I know what you mean ... always looks lower when you're looking down on it :o), yet it's not going anywhere, no gaps, et cetera, so you don't have to fidget with it. This really looks nice on you! I get the dress would be just as flattering, too. I wonder if I have this pattern? :o)
CurlyCrafter said... (7/10/08 12:14 PM) Reply
Such pretty fabric and this is a great top on you!
michellep74 said... (7/10/08 10:34 AM) Reply
This is YOUR top! Everything about it looks great on you--the colors, the fit, the style--everything!
shesflipped said... (7/10/08 10:27 AM) Reply
This looks great on you~the colors are so pretty. You've been sewing up a storm~keep it up!
Em's Summer said... (7/10/08 10:12 AM) Reply
This twist top looks wonderful on you! The lettuce edges are a very nice touch, and what a great print you picked!
cindyann said... (7/10/08 9:13 AM) Reply
Very nice. Great fabric choice!
Frogstitcher said... (7/10/08 9:04 AM) Reply
Nice top. The lettuce edge just adds that little extra to make it even cuter.
Amanda S. said... (7/10/08 8:48 AM) Reply
Awesome top! I love the fabric, too.
cindy-lou said... (7/10/08 8:21 AM) Reply
That is a dynamo look for you! Love the lettuce edge and the twist. You are stylin!
Karen6790 said... (7/10/08 7:32 AM) Reply
You'd think we'd have seen enough twist top patterns by now, but no. I'm always open to a new one, and this one looks really good. I love the fabric you used, it looks great on you, and the lettuce edge is a nice touch.
Ronda Rae said... (7/10/08 7:05 AM) Reply
Wow! I *really* like this one. The color is great for you. I think that pattern should be a TNT. It's very nice looking.
2BSewing said... (7/10/08 7:03 AM) Reply
Your knit top looks wonderful on you. Love the fabric you chose. Great idea on the lettuce hem. I need to start using that for my hems...quick and easy. Great job!
Darla in PA said... (7/10/08 6:23 AM) Reply
Very cute top! I like the serger hem.
Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

by: aprilsweet...

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?

DVD - Will this fabric work for you?