Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8032 (Gathered Neck Sleeveless)

Reviewed by:Markie1

About Markie1starstarstar
Member since: 11/4/06
Posted on:7/10/08 5:13 PM
Last Updated:7/10/08 5:13 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
anncie1 said... (4/29/11 11:39 PM) Reply
Just brought this today! Can't wait to make it. I luv your reivew! LOL!
Deepika said... (7/21/08 12:21 PM) Reply
Markie you cracked me up. It's so clear from your review that this pattern is your favorite and rightly so. Its super cute!!
kellymailinglist said... (7/21/08 8:28 AM) Reply
Awesome, simply awesome. Especially love the white one. You've really shown how a change in fabric can change the whole look of the exact same pattern, which I really appreciate.
Dei said... (7/12/08 7:03 AM) Reply
As if one fab dress wasn't enough. You sew, lost count, how many more? They are all TDF. I always love your fabric interpretations. Something, as Cindy-Lou said, boutique-ish about them.
Allie in Hong Kong said... (7/12/08 1:41 AM) Reply
I love all your versions of this pattern, just wonderful!
Markie1 said... (7/11/08 12:58 PM) Reply
Chris-good question! I am glad you asked. You know the bras with changeable straps? I wear one with one strap that goes around the back of my neck (I use the clear strap) and it works really well. If you can wear a strapless (I can't, it ends up around my waist) that would work too, I'm sure. Thanks so much everyone for your wonderful comments!
Gold said... (7/11/08 11:30 AM) Reply
Very cute!
chrisquilts_2 said... (7/11/08 10:06 AM) Reply
Love this review! all the versions are wonderful!...but *in a whisper* what are you using for undergarments? Will a strapless do?
cmarie12 said... (7/11/08 9:42 AM) Reply
I like the versatility of the pattern - each version you've made looks different and can be worn for a different occasion! Love that!
Stitchcakes said... (7/11/08 9:14 AM) Reply
Love, love, love the white dress! I bet the back is fabo! The necklace is the perfect accessory!
Heatherrique said... (7/11/08 8:30 AM) Reply
Markie! Missed your reviews! I adore your adaptations of this pattern! They are all uniquely snazzy! Wow!
Ellenatlga said... (7/11/08 7:05 AM) Reply
I love the lining idea, great pointers. Gorgeous garments!
CynthiaSue said... (7/11/08 2:22 AM) Reply
you need to write more reviews!!!!! this looks fabulous for fabulous you!
CynthiaSue said... (7/11/08 2:22 AM) Reply
you need to write more reviews!!!!! this looks fabulous for fabulous you!
AnneMarie60 said... (7/10/08 9:39 PM) Reply
These garments might have evolved from the same pattern, but you made each piece a unique part of your wardrobe with various fabrics and trims. Your review was a delight to the eyes and so fun to read.
Karen6790 said... (7/10/08 9:39 PM) Reply
I'm glad I'm not the only one who falls for a pattern and makes multiple versions. Each one is prettier than the next.
Karen8320 said... (7/10/08 9:27 PM) Reply
Markie, what fantastic work! Every one of your tops and dresses is lovely. Good on you for having a pattern that works, that you love and that you keep making up in different fabrics to give different looks. I do that too!
Sheila457 said... (7/10/08 8:45 PM) Reply
Pretty dress.
EveS said... (7/10/08 8:42 PM) Reply
Oh, I just love this...er...THEM! Every one! Your bindings are very inspiring...now I know why I save schnippets of fabric too small to make another garment out of! Thanks!!!
sew2little said... (7/10/08 7:55 PM) Reply
I'm a sucker for seersucker--and for striped binding--and for cute cotton prints! This has all three! Great dress and your other versions are beautiful as well.
Cowtown Karen said... (7/10/08 7:39 PM) Reply
I have this pattern and am thankful for your pointers. All your garments are gorgeous!
Vonnevo said... (7/10/08 7:34 PM) Reply
Markie, these are all sooooo fabulous ! Thank you for sharing with us :)
Terri Smith said... (7/10/08 6:56 PM) Reply
Adorable, all of them, adorable.
cindy-lou said... (7/10/08 6:45 PM) Reply
I took one look at the gallery and thought, 'Oh-- Markie1 must have made that.' So unique and little-boutique cute! I love the bias binding at the arms. Then, as if one weren't enough... BAM! We get to see LOTS more interpretations of this top/dress-- all great! uh-oh... Another pattern for me to 'need.' :)
Immelu said... (7/10/08 6:38 PM) Reply
I love everyone of those!
nglalala said... (7/10/08 5:49 PM) Reply
I love it! I've been looking for a pattern for a shirt like this. Thanks!
Amanda S. said... (7/10/08 5:30 PM) Reply
Very cute and summery!

by: norsk

10 inch Professional Shears

10 inch Professional Shears

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Jamie Christina Sunny Day Dress and Skirt Pattern (JC308SD)

Lekala Patterns 4158