Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8186 (Today's Fit (Sandra Betzina))

Reviewed by:cfabrication

Last Updated:7/13/08 4:26 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 5 people

moushka said... (11/20/08 7:41 PM) Reply
I somehow missed this review last summer. Am so glad I found it now as I'm at the upper end of Sandra's range (and H or an I) and it's great to see her patterns made up by another plus size sewer. Your blouse looks great. Did you get the skirt done? Thanks for the review. Sue
kellymailinglist said... (7/14/08 8:19 AM) Reply
What a lovely blouse! And your complete outfit looks great, too. I'm glad to learn about this particular pattern, because I'm interested in it myself, but I didn't realize it's OOP. Good luck with your next pattern and fitting!
oracle said... (7/13/08 12:13 PM) Reply
I love your review. It's clear, warm, and friendly and I have no doubt it'll help others (like myself) in our progress to accept our own bodies more. I'd like to add that you're not alone in needing to do an FBA with a Betzina pattern. I am very large busted, and while Betzina's block in other ways fits me much better than standard patterns do, when using them I still need to use a smaller size and do an FBA to get things better proportioned for me. But I find that the FBA I need to do with her patterns is far less dramatic, and therefore much easier, than with others, since her cup sizes are more realistic in the first place. Best of luck!
Athene said... (7/13/08 3:04 AM) Reply
I really like SB patterns and am happy to know you were pleased overall with your results. ETA: Thank you for posting the pictures, your outfit looks very nice.

Understanding Wool Fabrics