Pattern Reviews> Shapes> sss01 (Six Sense)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:7/18/08 7:32 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Skirts
kellymailinglist said... (7/20/08 7:24 AM) Reply
This is exactly what this line of patterns needed -- some great examples like this! Thanks for this review. It's made me reevaluate my opinion of the line.
sew2little said... (7/19/08 8:37 PM) Reply
Patti--I love this! Of all the patterns in this line, the skirt appealed to me the most--and yours is great looking. While you had to fiddle with the fabric, it was an inspired choice for this geometrical pattern. Marci
carolynw said... (7/19/08 5:08 PM) Reply
Very nice - I like the shape of the pattern - makes for a very interesting and different skirt. Great work as always
Athene said... (7/19/08 4:07 PM) Reply
Your skirt turned out so great. I really like the look. Thank you for the review.
cmarie12 said... (7/19/08 1:30 PM) Reply
I was underwhelmed with this pattern line but love your new skirt. Maybe as more and more people take a chance and make one, we sewists without vision will catch one :). This was a great review and I hope you enjoy wearing your new skirt!
Luckylibbet said... (7/19/08 12:43 PM) Reply
I remember that awfully catty thread. I agree with you that this line is not for everyone, but it certainly sews up much nicer than the line drawings indicate. It looks great on you, and I love what you did with the double sided denim! Think I'll have to invest in one of these patterns.
SueV said... (7/19/08 11:26 AM) Reply
that looks really nice. thanks for the review. I saw these patterns at the conference and was hesitant, now I wish I would have picked some up. It is really nice. I love her instructions for mitered hems and edges
Patti B said... (7/19/08 10:29 AM) Reply
Darla, here's a link to the discussion on the PR boards -- http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/sewingclasses/board.pl?t=31743
LindsayT said... (7/19/08 7:59 AM) Reply
I saw these patterns for the first time at the ASG convention. If you like an architectural approach to your clothes, then these patterns are great. You've done a fabulous job here.
Danvillegirl said... (7/19/08 7:56 AM) Reply
Neat fabric. Interesting skirt.
Darla in PA said... (7/18/08 10:40 PM) Reply
Your skirt turned out very nice! Where is the discussion on these patterns? I looked around a little bit but didn't find anything. Thanks.
marthamyers said... (7/18/08 9:58 PM) Reply
Great result. Thanks for the hint about checking the measurements first. Can't wait to try my pattern out now.
Ann Smith said... (7/18/08 9:13 PM) Reply
Love what you have done with this pattern and can't wait to make one. I agree with you about the Shapes patterns. I have bought them all and am impressed with them.

by: becca a