Pattern Reviews> Christine Jonson> 107 (Tie Back Top)

Reviewed by:Diane Slade Inc

About Diane Slade Incstar
MI USA
Member since: 9/28/07
Posted on:7/20/08 11:49 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 16 people
nancy2001 said... (9/8/08 8:40 AM) Reply
Beautiful top. I just discovered Christine's patterns, and they're fabulous. I've made her Base Wear Two tee shirt and the Fitted Jacket. Great RTW styling and flattering fit.
Sewing Chick said... (9/6/08 10:39 AM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I just received my pattern and two great pieces of knit jersey from Gorgeous Fabrics. I plan to study your blog carefully.
Karine said... (7/22/08 5:54 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review on this pattern, which I own but have not yet made. Your finished top is beautiful. Special thanks for the link to your blog with the tutorial. Super!
Diane Slade Inc said... (7/22/08 6:54 AM) Reply
I don't see why not, tentmaker. I have lengthened Christine's patterns in the past using the A-line dress pattern as a guide. I think it would be really cute as a dress!
tentmaker said... (7/21/08 12:35 PM) Reply
I really love it. I am wondering if you could lengthen it and make a dress? I love it as a top, but I am thinking of my grandaughter who likes pullover dresses. She hates zippers and loves knit pullovers or wrap dresses.
nancy2001 said... (7/21/08 9:42 AM) Reply
Beautiful top.
Diane Slade Inc said... (7/21/08 7:15 AM) Reply

Diane Slade Inc said... (7/21/08 6:07 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the support! The first time I saw this top hanging on a dressform at Christine's Studio, I said "Wow!, What is that? Orgami?", Christine had to untie the ties for me to see how it was put together.
ryansmumAria said... (7/21/08 1:44 AM) Reply
FABULOUS!
Athene said... (7/20/08 8:11 PM) Reply
This is a very beautiful top, especially in that fabric print. Thank you for the picture tutuorial on your blog. After seeing this top I am tempted to buy this pattern and perhaps one of her fabrics. Great review.
Re Becca said... (7/20/08 7:00 PM) Reply
Very flattering, you are a good testament for the pattern.
lmg said... (7/20/08 1:14 PM) Reply
I just noticed new top and was very interested in how this made up. Beautiful top and very flattering I think.
SueV said... (7/20/08 12:52 PM) Reply
thanks for the review and the wonderful how-to on your blog. This top is at the top of my sewing pile!
Elona said... (7/20/08 12:37 PM) Reply
Thank you for your wonderful procedural photos and notes. They will be a great help in working with the pattern.
Amanda S. said... (7/20/08 12:34 PM) Reply
Very cute! I like your fabric, too. This will be great for fall.

BurdaStyle Magazine 07-2007-101